Game of Thrones (no book spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Game of Thrones (no book spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Game of Thrones (no book spoilers)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Definitely read the books first.
I haven't been able to watch the last episode yet, do they sew Robb's head on to his wolf's body like they do in the book?
I'm glad that it sounds like they didn't ruin the Red Wedding like they did the battle of blackwater at the end of the other season.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Re: Game of Thrones (no book spoilers)

Postby bigken117 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:25 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Books 4 and 5 aren't as good as the first three books but I suppose they're worth reading in preparation for the final two books.

I'm halfway through Book 2 with a copy of Book 3 to read ... not only has the internet said Books 4 and 5 aren't as good, but that they really aren't good at all. Kind of has me not looking forward to finishing.

Also, knowing how book 3 ends has me not looking forward to it :-[

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby bigken117 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Definitely read the books first.
I haven't been able to watch the last episode yet, do they sew Robb's head on to his wolf's body like they do in the book?
I'm glad that it sounds like they didn't ruin the Red Wedding like they did the battle of blackwater at the end of the other season.

book spoiler threads are the other way but at least we know what to look forward to next episode

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:53 pm

Not yet.

Red Wedding lacks the mood setting details of the book but all in all, it was a good on-screen depiction.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:14 pm

They didn't. I think the scene was well done. Kinda left me in shock and then they cut to credits with no ending music. Was pretty intense.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby jfg » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:04 pm

I never really cared for Rob Stark much or the Stark's in general. Especially over this past season where they've shown some redeemable qualities in the Lannister family. The Lannister's and Stark's are pretty similar in my opinion with their holier than thou attitude.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:30 pm

jfg wrote:I never really cared for Rob Stark much or the Stark's in general. Especially over this past season where they've shown some redeemable qualities in the Lannister family. The Lannister's and Stark's are pretty similar in my opinion with their holier than thou attitude.

I didn't like TV Robb, or at least the way his character panned out since introducing Talisa as his love interest last season. TV Robb seemed more reckless. Book Robb was merely a naive boy who seemed to be more sincerely apologetic for the consequences of his actions. Still, neither he nor Catelyn deserved the fate they suffered.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:34 pm

bigken117 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Books 4 and 5 aren't as good as the first three books but I suppose they're worth reading in preparation for the final two books.

I'm halfway through Book 2 with a copy of Book 3 to read ... not only has the internet said Books 4 and 5 aren't as good, but that they really aren't good at all. Kind of has me not looking forward to finishing.

Also, knowing how book 3 ends has me not looking forward to it :-[

I remember stopping about halfway through A Feast For Crows and not resuming to read it until a couple of months later. It was just an OK read. A Dance with Dragons required some effort to finish too.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:19 am

I dunno, I thought Robb was pretty easy to like/root for because he was so obviously going to be the "good" king that the realm needed. Fair and just and all that. I suppose those qualities meant he had no chance in the end, but he was still a very likable character.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:46 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:I dunno, I thought Robb was pretty easy to like/root for because he was so obviously going to be the "good" king that the realm needed. Fair and just and all that. I suppose those qualities meant he had no chance in the end, but he was still a very likable character.

Agree with this. I can't possibly see how anyone compares the Starks to the Lannisters. Jaime is the only Lannister who has sort of made a turn-around and showed some redeeming qualities of late (Tyrion has always been the "good guy" of that family from the start.) But Tywin/Joffrey/Cersei are still a bunch of power-hungry scumbags.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk