My Andrus/Iwakuma for his Simmons/CC WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My Andrus/Iwakuma for his Simmons/CC WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Andrus/Iwakuma for his Simmons/CC WHIR

Postby Colt452011 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:33 pm

This is a 12 team keeper league with an auction draft. Standard scoring 5x5. Players can be kept year to year with +$3 of their drafted price for as many years as we like but they go up $3 each year. I drafted Andrus for $18 so I can keep him next year for $21 and Iwakuma for $1 so I can keep him for $4 next year. He drafted Simmons for $4 so I can keep him for $7 and he drafted CC for $20 so I can keep him for $23.

What does everyone think? We can keep as many players as we want up to a $100 limit and we get a $260 purse each year at the draft. I feel Andrus and Iwakuma is the better value here, but I could be wrong. Thanks and leave a link and I'll help as much as I can.
Colt452011 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Deleted

Postby METS 24 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Deleted
Last edited by METS 24 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
C-W.Rosario
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-J.Kipnis
3B-R.Zimmerman
SS-T.Tulowitzki
MI-J.Altuve
CI-J.Singleton
OF-J.Heyward/G.Polanco/B.Gardner/C.Dickerson/J.Lake
DH-J.Segura
SP-J.Weaver/H.Ryu/G.Cole/Y.Ventura/T.Bauer
BN-Baez/Buchholz/Butler/Mauer/Pineda/Taveras
METS 24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 43)

Re: My Andrus/Iwakuma for his Simmons/CC WHIR

Postby Quackman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:42 pm

id pass. I hate CC, especially in a keeper. Im sure the dude is dying to trade CC this year, just like owners that have Halladay are trying to dump him. Because its a keeeper i wouldnt even trade Andrus alone for Simmons and CC. Im sure hes trying to go after andrus because of his slow start, hoping that you will give up on him after 3 weeks. Id hold tight.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby sn267537 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:06 pm

Iwakuma and andrus. Even though andrus is much more than Simmons and cc and iwakuma are about the same age I think. Iwakuma is much cheaper, and I will state a better pitcher this season and coming seasons. I would take iwakuma over cc right now, especially for 4$.

Andrus will/is expensive, but segura is a option to trade for and there's other options. Hamilton might get called up. I wouldn't worry about making this deal to get a cheaper SS. I think ur better of with andrus and iwakuma
sn267537
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 24)

Postby Colt452011 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:13 pm

I feel the same way Quackman. Andrus is the much better talent and Iwakuma is so far so good and could be a nice keep at $4. Now if he threw in Shelby Miller or Chris Davis instead off CC I might be all over it.

sn267537 wrote:Iwakuma and andrus. Even though andrus is much more than Simmons and cc and iwakuma are about the same age I think. Iwakuma is much cheaper, and I will state a better pitcher this season and coming seasons. I would take iwakuma over cc right now, especially for 4$.

Andrus will/is expensive, but segura is a option to trade for and there's other options. Hamilton might get called up. I wouldn't worry about making this deal to get a cheaper SS. I think ur better of with andrus and iwakuma

I actually have Billy Hamilton sitting on my bench that I drafted for $1 so you make a couple of good points there. Just to clarify, he's looking for a MI upgrade so I figured I'd listen to what he has to say. IMO Simmons and Andrus are nowhere near each other in talent but I wanted to see who he'd fluff it up with to see if I'd bite. Of course he'd go after one of my keepers though lol.
Colt452011 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sn267537 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:19 pm

Iwakuma for 4$ keeper. Check please

Lol well yeah I wouldn't make this deal just to get a cheaper SS. U still have all season to play and andrus is fine to start. And trade him later or don't worry about keeping him since u have Hamilton and can find cheaper options like segura short term with potential keeper status. Don't off set iwakuma for cc please. Not worth it. U probably wouldn't even keep cc and maybe not Simmons depending on keeper limits etc. iwakuma for 4$ could be worth keeping, or at least using as serious trade bate not for cc.
sn267537
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Colt452011 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Yeah I wouldn't keep CC as I have Simardzija that I can keep for $13, Strasburg I can keep for $24 and Hamels I could keep for $28 is they all perform like aces and should. I actually totally forgot about Hamilton as a SS keeper cause I'd use him this year for his OF eligibility in my league. Thanks for the help!
Colt452011 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sn267537 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:31 pm

Yup. I would roll with what u have. Potentially look to trade away andrus for something, and segura or Hamilton as u have would be the route I'd go with the team
sn267537
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mpieco » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Don't do the deal. You're going to want Iwakuma as a $4 keeper next year. He holds a ton of value there. A potential $4 Iwakuma keeper is worth more than a $23 CC Sabathia.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby daullaz » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:50 am

We answered your question on the Cafe Pod this week:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/2013 ... epod04.php

But be forewarned -- I got screwed up on which side you already had. I think we both liked the Andrus side.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions