Pujols for Kershaw: do it? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Pujols for Kershaw: do it?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pujols for Kershaw: do it?

Postby DutchySox » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:29 am

Guy in my league has made Kershaw available for a top 1B or 3B. I'm willing to ship him Pujols, but the question is: should I?

I have no 1B backup as of yet (trying to buy low on Allen Craig, or extremely low on Eric Hosmer). I'm not worried about my pitching persé (wins aside, I'm at the top in every category in my league) but I am worried about Pujols and his plantar fasciitis (and let's face it: getting Kershaw can't hurt, right?). But... Kershaw got rocked twice in a row now, and I am a little hesitant to trade this year for some reason. Really liked my team coming out of the draft. What do you guys think?

Also, I was thinking of going overboard with the same guy: Pujols, Beltre and Morse/Jennings for Kershaw, Ryan Zimmerman and Billy Butler. All players involved are basically having slow starts / tough stretches, and I could plug in Butler to replace Pujols. I know the other guy REALLY likes Beltre (swore at me during the draft when I picked him a few spots ahead of him). I'd DL Zim and pick up Manny Machado / Mike Moustakas / Anthony Rendon, some kind of other 3B replacement, and plug in Zim when he gets back.

Thoughts appreciated!

Available on the wire
1B: Ike Davis (like him, but am worried), LaRoche, Dunn, Belt, Morneau, Morales, Teixeira, and the rest of the usual Chris Carter's and Matt Adams's.
3B: Machado, Gyorko, Moustakas, Donaldson, Plouffe, Jimenez, etc.

Categories: R, RBI, SB, HR, OPS - W, K, SV, ERA, WHIP.

My team (10 team, 5x5 H2H league):

C - Salvador Perez
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Josh Rutledge / Daniel Murphy
3B - Adrian Beltre
SS - Ian Desmond
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Desmond Jennings
OF - Jason Heyward
UT - Nelson Cruz

BN - Michael Bourn
BN - Evan Gattis (on roster due to lots of off-days for Perez right now)
BN - Michael Morse
BN - Brandon Crawford (temporary Ian Desmond plug-and-play)

SP - Yu Darvish
SP - Anibal Sanchez
SP - Gio Gonzalez
SP - Lance Lynn
SP - Jose Fernandez
SP - Shelby Miller
RP - Joe Nathan
RP - Kenley Jansen
RP - Ernesto Frieri
DutchySox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pujols for Kershaw: do it?

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:06 am

Machado needs to be owned. I think I'd just dump Crawford for Ike Davis (and just go w/o a SS for a few games - is Desmond on DL?) so you can consider making a deal. 8-o As it stands that would be too big a dropoff at 1b but maybe Machado and Kershaw for Beltre that is very damn tempting.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1920)

Postby DutchySox » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:51 pm

It's all moot: the guy I was talking to about his Kershaw for my Pujols (potentially supplemented with his Butler and my Jennings) just accepted a Kershaw + Butler for Carlos Santana + Pablo Sandoval. Not sure he made the right choice there, but hey, not my team :)

And no, Desmond isn't on the DL, but the Nats had some off-days and he was slumping a bit. I plugged Crawford in there just for his 3-for-4-with-a-HR-game and Desmond is back in there now.
DutchySox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby sn267537 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Read your post by skimming, but just from the title I say do it. Pujols has been complaining of his plantar fils cities or whatever it is. So I am concerned and thinking to move him as well. As for 1B I like ur idea of Craig but he also provides injury complications. Ike would be a pick up, short term ideally but has potential to get hot and last at 1B for some time. I would trade my pujols for kershaw if offered
sn267537
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions