Anthony Rendon? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anthony Rendon?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Anthony Rendon?

Postby Ender » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:45 pm

There is no way they keep him up if he isn't playing every day. He isn't a good enough prospect to worry about if he isn't playing every day either.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Anthony Rendon?

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:49 pm

It has been mentioned numerous times in this thread how the Nats are a patient and responsible organization. That being said, they're not going to mess with Rendon's growth for two weeks as a fill-in for Zimmerman unless they think he's ready. And, that being said, if they think that a top 6 pick is major league ready, his bat will find its way into the lineup as long as it performs.

I did not say that I guarantee he gets 350 ABs this year, I only said that would happen if he bats .270+ with 2+ hr over the next couple weeks.

Blah, blah, blah.. Long story short, with Laroche batting average about he same is RGIII's qb rating and Zimmerman's surgically repaired shoulder unable to throw to first on target, and Espinosa high on the level of suckitude, there is plenty of reason to keep Rendon around so long as his bat provides value. And, as long as his bat provides value, it will find its way to the plate.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 181)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:52 pm

2 games at 2B out of 14 total games overall in the minors this season, is enough that they were going to consider him there more often.

it's all about what his bat does. if he is hitting, he will remain in Washington and play.
but right now I think if I had to guess how he does, I would guess be wont be hitting well enough, so maybe it isn't going to matter what position he will be playing. not because he doesn't have a position, but because he wont be hitting and will be sent back down. he hadn't played a game above AA prior to be calling up, so that's a big jump. especially for someone who only had 181 total AB in the minors. 181 AB that's it. he was drafted 6th overall in the 1st round of the 2011 draft. plus he has seen his own share of injuries in the minors.
I hope that's not the case. as someone who picked him up (16 team league) I would love to see him hit the way he is capable of, and he is capable of hitting very well.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 98)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:24 pm

saw this news today.
Nationals manager Davey Johnson said Wednesday that Steve Lombardozzi will begin playing regularly.
The Nationals have struggled to produce offensively over the past week and believe starting Lombardozzi could provide a spark. The 24-year-old is hitting .345 with an .815 OPS in 31 plate appearances this season. He can play a variety of positions and will get a nice boost in fantasy value with the added playing time.

how does this effect Rendon? doesn't really say there where Lombardozzi will play.
Rendon hasn't hit well, yet. but I don't think Rendon is the problem.. cough cough Espinosa.
from reading on twitter it looks like Lombardozzi will be at 3B tomorrow.
if they felt like Lombardozzi could help, they could have just used him instead of calling up Rendon to begin with. with Rendon there now, I think it's too soon to just say it didn't work and send him down, and I don't think you can only start him here and there to get Lombardozzi playing time.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby SpecialFNK » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:07 am

Rendon is being promote.
..but not to Washington, just from double A to triple A.
Anthony Rendon will be promoted to Triple-A Syracuse by the Nationals in the coming days, according to reports.
The news is unofficial and the team hasn't confirmed the report, but the source covers the Nationals' Double-A Harrisburg affiliate and said teammates were congratulating Rendon on his promotion. The soon-to-be 23-year-old handled himself well in a short stint with the Nationals and is hitting .330/.473/.625 at Double-A, so the promotion isn't much of a surprise. We wouldn't be surprised if he makes another appearance with the big club before the season is through, either.

I got excited when I saw will be promoted, but then was disappointed when I read Triple A.
I don't know if I agree with this move. if he's going to AAA to play 3B, I think it's kind of a waste. Espinosa sucks, and Rendon should either be in Washington playing 2B or continuing to learn 2B in the minors.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Hopefully he takes over for Espinosa soon.

Source confirms Nationals’ promotion of Anthony Rendon to Triple A, says plan is to play him mostly at second base.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 172)

Postby saemick » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:36 am

So, at what point would it be smart to add him in redraft leagues?
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:51 am

saemick wrote:So, at what point would it be smart to add him in redraft leagues?

Depends on how big your league is and how deep rosters are. 12 team standard, I don't think I'd be adding him yet.

Remember that it will take about a week for him to gain 2B eligibility on Yahoo. The speculation is that they will give him a couple of weeks at 2B at AAA and see how it goes, so you are looking at about 3 weeks before you can put him at 2B on your roster.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 213)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:17 pm

Recalled.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 213)

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Steve Lombardozzi is starting at 2B tonight, but I imagine that would be because Rendon wont make it to the game for tonight.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers