Much needed Help, dont know what im doing wong!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Much needed Help, dont know what im doing wong!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Much needed Help, dont know what im doing wong!!

Postby Lobo28561 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:25 pm

Ok so im 0-2, going on 0-3 since this week looks like a loss since im so behind in points. Its a H2H league. Points League. Here is my Roster. Let me know where u think i can improve. We are only allowed 2 closers each. Oh and its a keeper league BTW. THANK YOU.

C- S. Perez - Keeper last year
1st Base - Rizzo - Keeper last year
2nd Base - Kinsler
SS - Zobrist - Keeper last year
3rd Base - Beltre
OF - Rios
OF - Braun
OF - Pence
Utility - Ryan Howard
BN - Scutaro
BN. A. Cabrera
BN -Kippinger
BN - Suzuki

Inj - A-ROD
Inj - Madson
Inj - Eaton

SP - Latos
SP - Animal Sanchez
SP - Samadzija
SP - Dempster
SP - Ryu
SP - Gallardo
SP - Kuroda
RP - Chris Perez
RP - Pestano
RP - Janssen
RP - Rosenthal
RP - O'Day

Best Available hitters from Waivers: Nate Schierholtz, Daniel Nava, Franklin Gutierrez, Justin Ruggiano, Lucas Duda, Josh Donaldson, Chris Carter

Pitchers: Carlos Villanueva, Jon Garland, Bartolo Colon, Travis Wood, Jose Quintana, Junichi Tazawa,
Lobo28561
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Much needed Help, dont know what im doing wong!!

Postby baegames » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:01 pm

I am going to assume the keepers are not just the best players (otherwise Perez and Rizzo should not be 2 of 3 keepers). How many teams in the league?

Depending on how many teams, it could be considered a weak roster. If you do indeed drop to 0-3 and may drop to 0-4, I would take the pieces you have that you would not protect (again, what are the protection rules?) and trade essentially your entire roster for the best protections in the league.

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?t=458894
baegames
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 209)

Postby Colt452011 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:06 am

It's a pretty below average team. What categories do you seem to be losing at? I don't know what the options were at draft day, but I wouldn't have kept Perez or Rizzo.
Colt452011 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:19 am

Lobo28561 wrote:Ok so im 0-2, going on 0-3 since this week looks like a loss since im so behind in points. Its a H2H league. Points League. Here is my Roster. Let me know where u think i can improve. We are only allowed 2 closers each. Oh and its a keeper league BTW. THANK YOU.

C- S. Perez - Keeper last year
1st Base - Rizzo - Keeper last year
2nd Base - Kinsler
SS - Zobrist - Keeper last year
3rd Base - Beltre
OF - Rios
OF - Braun
OF - Pence
Utility - Ryan Howard
BN - Scutaro
BN. A. Cabrera
BN -Kippinger
BN - Suzuki

Inj - A-ROD
Inj - Madson
Inj - Eaton

SP - Latos
SP - Animal Sanchez
SP - Samadzija
SP - Dempster
SP - Ryu
SP - Gallardo
SP - Kuroda
RP - Chris Perez
RP - Pestano
RP - Janssen
RP - Rosenthal
RP - O'Day

Best Available hitters from Waivers: Nate Schierholtz, Daniel Nava, Franklin Gutierrez, Justin Ruggiano, Lucas Duda, Josh Donaldson, Chris Carter

Pitchers: Carlos Villanueva, Jon Garland, Bartolo Colon, Travis Wood, Jose Quintana, Junichi Tazawa,

Your starting offense is not horrible. Your bench is BAD though unless this is a very deep league. Scutaro, Kippinger and Suzuki are basically worthless imo. Suzuki has looked bad for NY to the point that he is losing time to Brendan Bosch.

Your SPs are not terrible but your relievers are weak. You have too many pitchers not really helping you. That said, your wire looks sparse. I would defintiately grab Ruggiano over one of Rosenthal, Pestano or O'Day. You might want to trade Chris Perez for a more useful player. With only one real closer you are likley not winning that category in any given week so Perez is not helping you much either.

I would wait and give your offense tume to come around before going on a fire sale for the best keepers. We are only 2.5 weeks into the season. You will usually get better deals when your guys are playing well and it is near the deadline and someone want to go for it.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby rjforlife » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:07 am

A lot of dead weight on the pitching staff and you have zero depth. I'm assuming this is a bigger league, but you need better arms to compete. Maybe you can sell Rios high for a solid OF and a strong arm. Maybe like an Aoki/Minor kind of deal.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions