2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Ray Zorback wrote:I pulled off a couple of buy lows this week. First I traded Frieri for Greinke. Then I sent Trumbo for King Felix. So now with my extra pitching, I sent Lackey and Lynn for Stanton.

So if you total it all up, I traded Frieri, Trumbo, Lackey, and Lynn for Felix, Greinke, and Stanton.

What's the catch here?
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 182)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread

Postby TheTrith » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:50 am

None of those trades make any sense. At all.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 314)

Postby WongDizzel » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:44 am

3 separate rapes? free league?
WongDizzel
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Ray Zorback » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:09 am

Yahoo $20 pro league. The Greinke trade was proposed to me. The guy had been trying for weeks to get some saves. The Felix trade was a counter offer. I knew the guy really wanted Trumbo. He kept sending trades that had those 2 mixed in, so i countered with just those 2. On the Stanton trade I went to the guy who was last in pitching cats and made an offer selling the fact that he was last in pitching. I needed to replace the power lost on the Trumbo trade. All 3 trades in 3 days with 3 different guys. Crazy. I'm currently in 3rd place, hopefully this will give me the push I need the last 1/3 of the season.
Last edited by Ray Zorback on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 277)

Postby lastingsgriller » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:09 pm

I just tried to rank those three trades in order or dumb, dumber, and dumbest. I couldn't do it. They're all so bad they tie. An elite starting pitcher for a closer, an elite sp for trumbo, and a bottle of ball sweat for Stanton. Silly.
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby footballisbetter.com » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:31 pm

off topic, but wanted to hear some thoughts on how much Miggy's abdomen injury could linger?

His owner is out of playoff hunt, and I was considering offering keepers. My keeper prospect of Machado for 2 more seasons at $4. Other players would have to be involved also to keep my under the salary cap.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 154)

Postby ayebatter » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Ray Zorback wrote:Yahoo $20 pro league. The Greinke trade was proposed to me. The guy had been trying for weeks to get some saves. The Felix trade was a counter offer. I knew the guy really wanted Trumbo. He kept sending trades that had those 2 mixed in, so i countered with just those 2. On the Stanton trade I went to the guy who was last in pitching cats and made an offer selling the fact that he was last in pitching. I needed to replace the power lost on the Trumbo trade. All 3 trades in 3 days with 3 different guys. Crazy. I'm currently in 3rd place, hopefully this will give me the push I need the last 1/3 of the season.

Ray there's no need to justify your moves to these guys, this is like playing chess with a pigeon all he's gonna do is knock over all of the pieces take a dump on the board and strut around like he's won the game.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1445)

Postby ayebatter » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:53 pm

Ray Zorback wrote:I pulled off a couple of buy lows this week. First I traded Frieri for Greinke. Then I sent Trumbo for King Felix. So now with my extra pitching, I sent Lackey and Lynn for Stanton.

lastingsgriller wrote:I just tried to rank those three trades in order or dumb, dumber, and dumbest. I couldn't do it. They're all so bad they tie. An elite starting pitcher for a closer, an elite sp for trumbo, and a bottle of ball sweat for Stanton. Silly.

Lastings/Trith/Dizzel it's late in the season a week ago before Frieri blew up I could see trading him for Greinke if I was overloaded with starters in an innings limited league for some saves that I needed. I also could see moving Felix for power in the same overloaded starter position as the 1st trade and I could also see moving Stanton on a terrible Miami team for starters where I needed them. Me thinks you're judging these moves in a vacuum but they're being made in the last third of a fantasy season where needs dictate your moves.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:02 pm

ayebatter wrote:
Ray Zorback wrote:Yahoo $20 pro league. The Greinke trade was proposed to me. The guy had been trying for weeks to get some saves. The Felix trade was a counter offer. I knew the guy really wanted Trumbo. He kept sending trades that had those 2 mixed in, so i countered with just those 2. On the Stanton trade I went to the guy who was last in pitching cats and made an offer selling the fact that he was last in pitching. I needed to replace the power lost on the Trumbo trade. All 3 trades in 3 days with 3 different guys. Crazy. I'm currently in 3rd place, hopefully this will give me the push I need the last 1/3 of the season.

Ray there's no need to justify your moves to these guys, this is like playing chess with a pigeon all he's gonna do is knock over all of the pieces take a dump on the board and strut around like he's won the game.

Yeah, ray. Arguing with people on the Internet is like arguing with people that regurgitate all their ideas from the Internet.

lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby ayebatter » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:04 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
ayebatter wrote:

Yeah, ray. Arguing with people on the Internet is like arguing with people that regurgitate all their ideas from the Internet.

Cute but it's been around a lot longer than that, come to think of it so have I. ;-)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers