2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread

Postby Metropolitans » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:57 pm

I own him and Jason Heyward and I was leaning towards J-Heyward being "healthier" & more setup to have a BIG 2nd half (based off stats & boxscore) but after seeing Cespedes last night, I know he's definitely 100% healthy... and dudes got some SERIOUS POP!!
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
BN LMartin,RMartin,Profar
SP Stras
SP Scherzer
RP Veras
RP Parnel
P Kimbrel
P Fernandez
P Archer
BN Turner,Nolasco,Gee,Pineda
DL Wandy
Metropolitans
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheTrith » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Millhouse wrote:Any Cespedes owners selling after his HR Derby performance? Or are you hoping it's a sign of better things to come (as "better" as slamming 60 MPH meatballs down the middle can make his value, that is).

I'm pretty sure nobody is buying based off of his HR derby performance.
You might as well hold him and hope he gets it together because his trade value is really low.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 280)

Postby Metropolitans » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:37 pm

TheTrith wrote:
Millhouse wrote:Any Cespedes owners selling after his HR Derby performance? Or are you hoping it's a sign of better things to come (as "better" as slamming 60 MPH meatballs down the middle can make his value, that is).

I'm pretty sure nobody is buying based off of his HR derby performance.
You might as well hold him and hope he gets it together because his trade value is really low.

obviously the performance in the HR Derby should be taken with a grain of salt, but I was questioning his true health prior to lastnight... now i'm certain he's healthy
14Team-Keeper
C Gattis
1B Votto
2B NFranklin
3B Frazier
SS Zobrist
OF Trout
OF Elsbury
OF Puig
Ut Crawford,Morales
BN LMartin,RMartin,Profar
SP Stras
SP Scherzer
RP Veras
RP Parnel
P Kimbrel
P Fernandez
P Archer
BN Turner,Nolasco,Gee,Pineda
DL Wandy
Metropolitans
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby WongDizzel » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:20 am

Traded Glen Perkins and Jermemy heftier for matt cain in a 5x5 roto with a starts limit
WongDizzel
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Millhouse » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Offered up Cespedes, Carpenter & Carlos Martinez in a keeper (to a Cards fan) for S.Marte and F.Rodney. We'll see if he bites.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:12 pm

is Braun a safe buy now that we now he won't be getting suspended this season?
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby TheTrith » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:11 am

Millhouse wrote:Offered up Cespedes, Carpenter & Carlos Martinez in a keeper (to a Cards fan) for S.Marte and F.Rodney. We'll see if he bites.

Man, in a vacuum I think I want the Cespedes/Carpenter side of that deal.
Cespedes playing anywhere near like he did last year > Marte
Carpenter > Rodney in any format
in OBP leageus Carpenter > Marte
How many players are kept?
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 280)

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:40 am

Marte is on a better pace this year than Cespedes was last year. Matt Carpenter also isn't worth much in a standard league so I'd easily take Rodney over him. Carpenter has no power or speed. He's basically Jeff Keppinger on a hot streak. Overall it's a decently balanced trade, but Marte is arguably the most valuable player in the deal, and if Rodney maintains the closer role in 2014 he'll be more valuable than either Carpenter or Martinez. But yeah... a lot depends on the keeper rules. Rodney and Cespedes could be expensive keepers and Martinez could be free, and that changes things.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 120)

Postby wingman3110 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:05 am

Skin Blues wrote:Marte is on a better pace this year than Cespedes was last year. Matt Carpenter also isn't worth much in a standard league so I'd easily take Rodney over him. Carpenter has no power or speed. He's basically Jeff Keppinger on a hot streak. Overall it's a decently balanced trade, but Marte is arguably the most valuable player in the deal, and if Rodney maintains the closer role in 2014 he'll be more valuable than either Carpenter or Martinez. But yeah... a lot depends on the keeper rules. Rodney and Cespedes could be expensive keepers and Martinez could be free, and that changes things.

Matt Carpenter is just on a hot streak? Lol. There's only two or maybe three 2nd basemen I'd take take over Carpenter. Then throw in his 4 position eligibility on top of that. Yes please ;-D
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)

Postby mac-unit » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:06 am

footballisbetter.com wrote:is Braun a safe buy now that we now he won't be getting suspended this season?

The only way you were going to buy low was when there was a chance he was going to get suspended.

wingman3110 wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:Marte is on a better pace this year than Cespedes was last year. Matt Carpenter also isn't worth much in a standard league so I'd easily take Rodney over him. Carpenter has no power or speed. He's basically Jeff Keppinger on a hot streak. Overall it's a decently balanced trade, but Marte is arguably the most valuable player in the deal, and if Rodney maintains the closer role in 2014 he'll be more valuable than either Carpenter or Martinez. But yeah... a lot depends on the keeper rules. Rodney and Cespedes could be expensive keepers and Martinez could be free, and that changes things.

Matt Carpenter is just on a hot streak? Lol. There's only two or maybe three 2nd basemen I'd take take over Carpenter. Then throw in his 4 position eligibility on top of that. Yes please ;-D

He doesn't hit alot of homeruns or steal bases so people think he's useless.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers