2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:20 pm

footballisbetter.com wrote:Is JJ Hardy a sell high? Would anyone buy high on him?

He is on pace for .254 BA, 31 HRs and 93 RBI. Which is well above his projections and 3 year average.

He's really overshadowed by the rest of that lineup, so I don't think he's getting credit for how well he's playing. I don't think you'll get a ton of value for him, so I'd probably just hold onto him and ride his production.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HighHeater » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:39 am

i agree that JZim is a sell high but mainly for roto purposes only... he's basically money in the bank in point/H2H leagues and has been for the past couple years now. I agree he's been unsustainable efficient wise thus far but i do believe he has more K per 9 potential in that arm yet too. so even if the efficiency falters some i gotta think his K's will pick up at least some... it actually has i think dating back 5 starts, tho i have to look that up.
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HighHeater » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:42 am

Is anyone buying Billy Butler as a sell low? I sent Headley who is probably another buy low for Butler, just preferred the fat guy though so was curious what anyone else thinks of Billy.
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby CadensDad » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:20 pm

I'm thinking of buyinh low/selling high. but I might be selling too much. Chris Davis and Mike Minor for Justin upton? I think Upton gets back at it again the 2nd half and I just dont think Davis can keep this pace up........or can he?

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:48 pm

CadensDad wrote:I'm thinking of buyinh low/selling high. but I might be selling too much. Chris Davis and Mike Minor for Justin upton? I think Upton gets back at it again the 2nd half and I just dont think Davis can keep this pace up........or can he?

There's a ton of risk there in redraft. Atlanta has a very favorable schedule for their SP down the stretch, IIRC, and as long as Medlen isn't pushed to the bullpen, he could be a very valuable arm in August/September. Even if Davis slows his pace, aside from his hot April, when's the last time Upton looked really good??
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby rjforlife » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:03 pm

CadensDad wrote:I'm thinking of buyinh low/selling high. but I might be selling too much. Chris Davis and Mike Minor for Justin upton? I think Upton gets back at it again the 2nd half and I just dont think Davis can keep this pace up........or can he?

That's a terrible terrible deal for you. I honestly would not trade Davis for Upton straight up at this point. As a Braves fan, I'm sure you can see Minor is slowing a bit, but he's still a solid pitcher and has some trade value. Don't do it.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby TheTrith » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:17 pm

I assume you are a Braves fan but if you do this trade you might as well throw in the towel and start planning for next years draft.
Chris Davis is just a better hitter then Upton at this point. Even if he regresses by like 20% thats still well above what Upton will do.
And then you want to give away Minor just because youre a nice guy?
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 280)

Postby J35J » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:16 pm

TheTrith wrote:

I assume you are a Braves fan but if you do this trade you might as well throw in the towel and start planning for next years draft.
Chris Davis is just a better hitter then Upton at this point. Even if he regresses by like 20% thats still well above what Upton will do.
And then you want to give away Minor just because youre a nice guy?

+1
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 387)

Postby kab21 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Of course he's not going to keep up this pace. If he's does he is the MVP. Buying low on Upton is a good idea imo but not with Davis.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:47 pm

kab21 wrote:

Of course he's not going to keep up this pace. If he's does he is the MVP. Buying low on Upton is a good idea imo but not with Davis.

Exactly this. Even with a decently big regression, Davis is still an incredibly valuable player.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers