2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread

Postby chargerss24 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:38 pm

ramble2 wrote:
chargerss24 wrote:With Wil Myers possibly getting called up shortly, I'll have a glut of outfielders. I need a K guy and do you guys think I can swing a buy low/sell high deal of Dom Brown for Justin Verlander? :-?

Might be a stretch, but if the Verlander owner has a glut of high-K pitching that's not a crazy way to initiate trade talks.

I've actually had another owner offer me one of: Cliff Lee, Chris Sale or Hisihis Iwakuma plus one of his bench bats. Moose, Chris Johnson, Adam Lind, Leonys Martin, Dayan Vicideo. Gotta be crazy not to consider that?
C-Doumit, Salty
1B- Fielder
2B-Pedroia
SS-Reyes
3B-Longoria
CI- Morneau
MI- Kipnis
OF- Myers Jennings Heyward
U- Ellsbury, B. Upton, Bruce

SP-Price Fernandez Miller Wheeler, Kluber
RP-Grilli, Farquhar, Crow, Veras
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 66)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby colt4523 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:44 pm

Thinking about trying for Hamilton. How low should I go? Was going to start with Chris Carter.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 84)

Postby wingman3110 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:46 pm

colt4523 wrote:Thinking about trying for Hamilton. How low should I go? Was going to start with Chris Carter.

Chris Carter for Josh Hamiliton? Just for his name value alone and the difference in name value, I say no way you pull that off. But if you do, kudos.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 142)

Postby colt4523 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:58 pm

wingman3110 wrote:
colt4523 wrote:Thinking about trying for Hamilton. How low should I go? Was going to start with Chris Carter.

Chris Carter for Josh Hamiliton? Just for his name value alone and the difference in name value, I say no way you pull that off. But if you do, kudos.

AL only league where carter is $3 and Hamilton is $41. So that helps some.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 84)

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:42 pm

colt4523 wrote:
wingman3110 wrote:

AL only league where carter is $3 and Hamilton is $41. So that helps some.

for Hamilton at $41, i'm sure that he would just give him away to get that off the books. heck, he might even give it away and pick up $5 or $6 of his salary.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 181)

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:01 pm

there is absolutely no chance in hell I would trade Justin Verlander for the latest flavour of the month who will likely be back to normal eventually.
even if I had multiple aces and desperate for HR, I would consider many more players before I got to Brown. and then even getting to Brown, I would laugh and say uhh no.

Brown currently has 30.2 HR/FB with 34.1 FB%. unlikely to continue. he can be "good", but IMO not elite level production.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 98)

Postby jsibi18 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:31 pm

Just traded Matt Carpenter for Hamilton.
jsibi18
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby rjforlife » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:36 pm

My head tells me that's a good deal, but my heart says you got housed. Time will tell, but it's a good buy low/sell high, for now.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 771)

Postby ramble2 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:35 pm

chargerss24 wrote:
ramble2 wrote:
chargerss24 wrote:With Wil Myers possibly getting called up shortly, I'll have a glut of outfielders. I need a K guy and do you guys think I can swing a buy low/sell high deal of Dom Brown for Justin Verlander? :-?

Might be a stretch, but if the Verlander owner has a glut of high-K pitching that's not a crazy way to initiate trade talks.

I've actually had another owner offer me one of: Cliff Lee, Chris Sale or Hisihis Iwakuma plus one of his bench bats. Moose, Chris Johnson, Adam Lind, Leonys Martin, Dayan Vicideo. Gotta be crazy not to consider that?

I'm a big Brown fan but he's far exceeded even my wildest expectations. Brown basically took over the NL HR lead in one month. Even if what we are seeing is a post-hype sleeper finally achieve his potential (and I think/hope we are), he's not that good.

I would jump on that offer. Any one of those SP plus your favorite bat. Big win for you, in my opinion.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 8)

Postby kab21 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:22 am

SpecialFNK wrote:there is absolutely no chance in hell I would trade Justin Verlander for the latest flavour of the month who will likely be back to normal eventually.
even if I had multiple aces and desperate for HR, I would consider many more players before I got to Brown. and then even getting to Brown, I would laugh and say uhh no.

Brown currently has 30.2 HR/FB with 34.1 FB%. unlikely to continue. he can be "good", but IMO not elite level production.

If I were doing a seasonal projection right now I would put him in the .280, 20-25HR and 10-15 SB range.

He's a decent HR threat because he pulls the ball down the line and plays in Philly but he really isn't hitting the ball that far (377 avg distance on HRs). Upton is the complete opposite (as one example). He hasn't hit a HR less 400 ft and he has spread them all over the field. this is actually not related to Brown but I was at http://www.hittrackeronline.com/detail. ... ype=hitter
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 187)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers