2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread

Postby BJSFAN123 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Stanton and J. Parker were just traded for Choo and Milone in my 12 team league. I basically view that as a Stanton for Choo swap. Guy just traded his early 2nd rounder for a 7th round pick in April so I think that's pretty low value. Though, Choo looks really damn good leading off in the great American bandbox and the shoulder might be concerning on the stanton side.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wingman3110 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Chris Davis. What's the thoughts on him? Try and sell high or hold onto him and hope you get 30/100 out of him?
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:53 am

Just got Stanton for Medlen and Parnell, for thise gauging value.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Izenhart » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:11 am

Stanton is going to be heavily traded until he gets hot or hurt. Next week he's got 6 games against weak pitching maybe he breaks out of his funk. I'm actually going to use him in a weekly cap league next week while he's so cheaply available and underused, like most non apple mp3 player products.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby rotoquest » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Anyone know what's going on with Joey Bats? Is he a good buy low? I avoided him this year thinking he was hiding some kind of an injury. Thoughts?
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Izenhart » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:39 pm

rotoquest wrote:Anyone know what's going on with Joey Bats? Is he a good buy low? I avoided him this year thinking he was hiding some kind of an injury. Thoughts?

Based soley on the 6 or 7 at bats I've seen from him, my impression is his timing is just off or he isn't recognizing pitches as soon as he needs to. It's the hitch in his swing and the choices of balls he is choosing to swing at and not swing at, they are all out of whack and it looks like he is not picking up the pitches as well as he had in the past. It could be something he works through and I expect him to get hot at some point and go on a tear. I still see a 30-35 HR season from him if he can manage 475 ABs.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:06 pm

wingman3110 wrote:Chris Davis. What's the thoughts on him? Try and sell high or hold onto him and hope you get 30/100 out of him?

Depends how high you can sell him. He was pretty good last year, so it's not like he's going to completely fall off the map. With that said, he's certainly not as good as he's playing now (no one is) so if you can get first or second round talent for him, then by all means do it. For example, I would take Stanton for Davis in a heart beat right now.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ender » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:06 am

I believe Chris Davis will hit 30-35 HR. I'd sell high on him for sure still. The fact is low OBP sluggers are overrated by most in fantasy. When he gets you 1 SB, 80 R and hits .270 the 30 HR and 90 RBI do not make him a huge value. People always mention well he'll get you 25 HR and 90 RBI as a big plus for players but if they give you nothing else that is a completely pedestrian line worth almost nothing. Guys like Andre Ethier have almost no value unless they hit .300 too. You sell high on Chris Davis because his skillset is grossly overrated, not because you think his power isn't for real.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Seatownfavorite » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:25 am

I sold Davis for Lawrie in a dynasty, not sure if that was selling high enough but his K% really hurt in that league.
Seatownfavorite
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:15 am

Seatownfavorite wrote:I sold Davis for Lawrie in a dynasty, not sure if that was selling high enough but his K% really hurt in that league.

I mean, if Lawrie pans out, it's easily high enough, but we just don't know if that will happen. The question mark in that trade is Lawrie, not Davis.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers