2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2013 Buy Low/Sell High thread

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sat May 04, 2013 12:19 am

Mikdonn2 wrote:What's up fellas?....Is David Price a good buy low guy?

Guy is offering me Price/Prado for Kinsler....Obviously those 2 are not playing up to their norm while Kinsler is on fire. Would you pull the trigger or stick with what is working for you?

I'm in 3rd place in a 10 player roto league. My offense has been carrying me, I could def use some help in the SP department. Think Price/Prado turn it around?

I think that is a very fair deal. If you need pitching help, I'd go for it.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 503)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OBPlover » Sat May 04, 2013 1:48 am

Mikdonn2 wrote:What's up fellas?....Is David Price a good buy low guy?

Guy is offering me Price/Prado for Kinsler....Obviously those 2 are not playing up to their norm while Kinsler is on fire. Would you pull the trigger or stick with what is working for you?

I'm in 3rd place in a 10 player roto league. My offense has been carrying me, I could def use some help in the SP department. Think Price/Prado turn it around?

Oh heck yeah...it's only May 4...still early enough that you have to weight most of your trade decisions still on 2012 stats. Price has gone through crappy stretches before, it is just glaring with it happening at the start of the season.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 247)

Postby kab21 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:21 am

Price and Cain are in the category of 'just plain unlucky ace pitchers that are struggling'. Their K and BB rates are pretty much right in line with their career rates. Just buy them and don't think twice.

Gallardo is in the 'pitching very well but he's good enough that he should turn it around' category. These guys aren't bad buy lows but there is some risk.

Haren, Lincecum, Halladay are in the 'not close to what they were and they probably aren't going to be above average again' category. Pretty much just avoid.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 522)

Postby Ender » Sat May 04, 2013 8:38 am

Gallardo faces the Cardinals tomorrow which is almost an assured bad start for him, after that game is the last time you'll be able to buy low on him so it is the time to strike.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)

Postby tyson56 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Who would you rather have the rest of the season? Brett Anderson and his injury problems, or Tim Lincecum and his control issues.

Personally I'm leaning towards Mr. Anderson, curious as to what others think.
tyson56
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 17)

Postby BJSFAN123 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Melky just isn't a very good fantasy player unless he can hit for an inflated BA again which I don't see happening. He doesn't have great speed really either, so maybe he steals 15-20 but I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes with around 10. Power wise, we really have no clue what to expect from him since we don't know how much of an impact the PED's had on his power surge. I wouldn't drop him yet, but I thin people expecting him to all of a sudden turn into a monster might be disappointed. I certainly wouldn't trade him though..he likely almost has no value right now, people are looking at his current stats and thinking it was all PED's at the moment so just hold on to him.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 197)

Postby diewitsjames » Sat May 04, 2013 12:52 pm

BJSFAN123 wrote:Melky just isn't a very good fantasy player unless he can hit for an inflated BA again which I don't see happening. He doesn't have great speed really either, so maybe he steals 15-20 but I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes with around 10. Power wise, we really have no clue what to expect from him since we don't know how much of an impact the PED's had on his power surge. I wouldn't drop him yet, but I thin people expecting him to all of a sudden turn into a monster might be disappointed. I certainly wouldn't trade him though..he likely almost has no value right now, people are looking at his current stats and thinking it was all PED's at the moment so just hold on to him.

i just traded melky for bj upton. owner of bj was fed up and would trade him for almost anyone.
diewitsjames
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 37)

Postby tyson56 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:55 pm

Got another one. Buy low on Reddick and sell high on Hafner? I think Hafner in Yankee stadium can do a lot this year, but I need a RF with Stanton going down.
tyson56
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 17)

Postby BChinly » Sat May 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Sold high on Cingrani in my dynasty. I got Choo!! :)
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 219)

Postby rjforlife » Sat May 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Cingrani Mujica too much for segura? King of a sell high/high buy high? I need MI and closers are not very valuable.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1284)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers