4/19-4/21 Cheering, Venting, & HARVEY vs. STRASBURG - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/19-4/21 Cheering, Venting, & HARVEY vs. STRASBURG

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

4/19-4/21 Cheering, Venting, & HARVEY vs. STRASBURG

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:53 am

.: Around the MLB :.

FANGRAPHS - Should Johnny Cueto miss a few starts, Cingrani is a capable short-term solution. A promotion to the majors might be best for Cingrani’s development because once major-league hitters adjust to him, he’ll need to make changes if he wants to continue to have success. Thus far, Triple-A batters haven’t challenged Cingrani and he hasn’t had to adapt his approach to be successful. But Cingrani — who currently projects as a fourth starter — isn’t going to replace Cueto’s productivity if he’s run out there for an extended period of time.

- JD Sussman further discusses Tony Cingrani's fastball, new curve, deceptive delivery, effective wildness, and why he's uncertain Tony C is ready to stick in the big leagues. Also HERE is a pretty sweet Venn Diagram outlining his dominance in the areas of Strikeouts, Italian Sounding Last Names, and Prospect Swagger.

MIAMI HERALD - Jose Fernandez is normally light on his feet. The rookie hurler hops across the foul line after he completes an inning and bounds out of the dugout when he is set to start another. But there was no bounce in his step after Thursday’s fourth inning. After coughing up four runs on four hits and a walk — by far the worst inning of his brief major-league career — Fernandez trudged across the foul line as if lead weights were attached to his ankles.

- You've got to expect bumps in the road for a young, green guy like JF, but still, color me one unhappy owner.

.: Around the Cafe:.

Have you tried out the 2013 Fantasy Baseball Cafe Podcast? If not, you're a sucker. Listen in as our very own acclaimed R.J. White takes questions from the Cafe Forums, and discusses other hot items such as injuries, closers, and potential spot starters. Listen to the Week 3 Edition HERE, and tune in each and every week thereafter. If you don't, you'll probably lose your league, and you'll have nobody to blame but yourself. And bad luck. But maybe not bad luck.

Have you checked out eDraft yet? eDraft is the latest Cafe partnership. It's an excellent resource for fantasy updates and articles, as well as rankings, analysis, and many other cool features. Here's a glimpse into the future, folks. Don't be left behind. And although we're approaching a month into the action, it's not too late to read the online magazine our two sites collaborated on and see how they've done thus far. Download it for Free HERE.

A bit delayed here, but what the heck. There's been a discussion going on over what percentage of fantasy baseball is luck, and what percentage is skill. Weigh in HERE.

Want to test your intellectual fortitude against the masters of the baseball realm? Well then obviously you'll want to try your luck at choosing the exact date when the first 3-HR Game will occur in the 2nd half of 2013. Win, and be crowned 3-HR Guru of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe. Check in HERE.

Fret not if your Yahoo! Pitching State did not accrue the other night. Fantasy Sports Genie has assured us that all has been rectified, and that mechanisms have been put in place to prevent future happenings. Genie serves as our direct pipeline to Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball, so let him know what you think HERE.

.: Today's Games :.

LAD: Ryu (2-1, 2.89 ERA)
BAL: Hammel (2-1, 4.34 ERA)

STL: Garcia (1-0, 1.86 ERA)
PHI: Halladay (1-2, 7.63 ERA)

NYY: Pettitte (2-0, 1.20 ERA)
TOR: Morrow (0-1, 4.60 ERA)

ATL: Hudson (2-0, 2.50 ERA)
PIT: Rodriguez (1-0, 1.00 ERA)

KC: Shields (1-2, 3.43 ERA)
BOS: Buchholz (3-0, 0.41 ERA)

MIA: Slowey (0-2, 2.04 ERA)
CIN: Latos (0-0, 3.26 ERA)

OAK: Anderson (1-2, 4.34 ERA)
TB: Cobb (1-1, 1.93 ERA)

WSH: Strasburg (1-2, 2.95 ERA)
NYM: Harvey (3-0, 0.82 ERA)

SEA: Saunders (1-1, 2.08 ERA)
TEX: Darvish (2-1, 2.75 ERA)

CHC: Samardzija (1-2, 2.75 ERA)
MIL: Estrada (1-0, 4.50 ERA)

MIN: Worley (0-2, 10.50 ERA)
CHW: Peavy (2-1, 3.93 ERA)

ARI: Kennedy (1-1, 5.79 ERA)
COL: Chacin (2-0, 1.96 ERA)

CLE: Myers (0-2, 8.82 ERA)
HOU: Harrell (0-2, 5.63 ERA)

SD: Volquez (0-3, 11.68 ERA)
SF: Bumgarner (3-0, 1.77 ERA)

DET: Sanchez (2-0, 1.42 ERA)
LAA: Hanson (1-1, 6.55 ERA)
Last edited by bigh0rt on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 4/19-4/21 Cheering, Venting,

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:06 am

And here is some morning music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9gsHMLOZiw

:-b
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Re: 4/19-4/21 Cheering, Venting, & Weekend Bid-nissss

Postby wingman3110 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:20 am

I've got Bumgarner, Bucholz, Latos, and Morrow all going in one league. Thinking about trotting them all out there with the exception of Morrow, I don't know what to make of him yet this early.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:38 am

Dillon Gee met with an unfortunate accident, so no more poetry. Sorry guyse ;-7
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:46 am

HARVEY v. STRASBURG. You're gonna wanna watch this matchup...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Re: 4/19-4/21 Cheering, Venting, & HARVEY vs. STRASBURG

Postby kab21 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:06 am

I will be pissed if both of my baseball channels are showing the Orioles/Dodgers game (pretty common) tomorrow morning (tonight for you Americans). They love the Orioles here and also mix in quite a few Rangers, Yankees, Dodgers and Nats (I hope) also.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 160)

Postby toledomudhens » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:15 am

Hey fellas....Had an awsome night last night in the pitching cats, but i would have liked it more if dickey didn't come out, cause he was dealing...My offfence, well 6/48...with 4 runs...ouch...At least I still am tops in offence still but second last in pitching....AL only fellas....who do you start, or who do you sit???...Cobb(oak)..pettit(oak), Hammel(LaD)....start'em all or is there a sit or 2 in there????
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 202)

Postby wingman3110 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:16 am

kab21 wrote:I will be pissed if both of my baseball channels are showing the Orioles/Dodgers game (pretty common) tomorrow morning (tonight for you Americans). They love the Orioles here and also mix in quite a few Rangers, Yankees, Dodgers and Nats (I hope) also.

MLB Network has BOS/KC on tonight :-t I want to see Strasburg and Harvey, c'mon!!
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)

Postby J35J » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:33 am

wingman3110 wrote:
kab21 wrote:I will be pissed if both of my baseball channels are showing the Orioles/Dodgers game (pretty common) tomorrow morning (tonight for you Americans). They love the Orioles here and also mix in quite a few Rangers, Yankees, Dodgers and Nats (I hope) also.

MLB Network has BOS/KC on tonight :-t I want to see Strasburg and Harvey, c'mon!!

That'll likely change, I'd be surprised if that BOS game happens.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby kab21 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:39 am

Are there any other potential postponements?
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 160)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers