Ask the Dog - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Ask the Dog

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ask the Dog

Postby Mr November » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Would you trade Bruce to get Sale? I feel it's probably one of those "if I need pitching, sure" type trades, but can't seem to make up my mind lol. Sale hasn't been great this year though and I'm worried he may be hurt. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Mr November
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby goose in my step » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:17 pm

goose in my step
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 256)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby plamb23 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Need SP help.

Drop Hammel for Quintana?

Mixed 5x5 Roto keeper 12 team
plamb23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 486)

Postby millerpark » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:36 pm

millerpark
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 80)

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:07 pm

I'm intrigued by Quintana as well. Hammel is usually a steady SP you won't get a lot of ks from him. Do you have anyone else you could drop? I mean you could make that switch, Hammel is only owned around 30% or so of leagues, why not? Worst case scenario you can stream with this spot, or use it in a drop if you can get a great trade.

November - Keep Bruce. Sale just isn't enough in my book to justify dealing Bruce (unless your OF was super stacked). I would shoot for a Cain or Price. Bruce is an elite power hitting OF, value him as such.

Lobo-Wolf - Around the game a lot of the top prospects are pitchers --

Position by position:

C:
Mike Zunino - He has an underachieving Jesus Montero in his way, ooo so scary. He needs to be rostered in NL only or very very deep mixed formats.

Travis DArnaud - If he gets the call, you have your next Matt Wieters/Vmart type of catcher here. The guy can flat out do it all.

1b:
Matt Adams - He's already producing, I think he's worth a speculative stash just in case any injury happens. If so, Craig moves to OF opening the door for him. And he's a big masher capable of being a top 3-4 round pick for years to come.

2b:
Kolten Wong - if St. Louis suffers any injuries at all, Carpenter will be forced to move there and this guy gets the call. He probably won't wow you but he's a solid hitter good for a high AVP some power some speed and a high OBP out of a razor-thin position, put this guy on your watch list for sure.

3b:
Mike Olt - Profar who - he isn't even the #1 Texas prospect that might make an impact this season - Adrian Beltre's penchant for landing on the DL is the reason to put this guy on your watch list even if he is a temp add (if he does well he could stick at 3b or DH whichever Beltre doesn't play)

Adam Duvall - SF - He's got only Panda in his way and Panda can easily go across the diamond and play 1b. He currently has a broke thumb only expected to miss a few weeks and he'll be back. Good later season bat to keep on your watch list for some sneaky power gains.

SS:
Xander Boegarts - Yep, Iglesias was playing over his head, if he deems himself ready all he has is a combo of Drew and Igleslias in his way, not that awe inspiring. If Boston ever needs offense they will turn to him quickly. I mean he's the next Miguel Tejada/Troy Tulowitzki type - gotta love that.

OF:
Besides the obvious Tavares/Myers of the world:
Adam Eaton - he's been on the DL - definitely worth adding for sure. He's basically Michael Bourn Jr. Get em done.

P:
Zach Wheeler - obviously with the Mets struggling save Harvey and Niese this guy is going to get a look soon, if he's available stash him.

Gerrit Cole - Pittsburgh needs this guy. He's a burly athletic workhouse type of ace with a nasty fastball and curve combo that everyone loves. He's got guys like Locke and company blocking him, wow...he'll be up at least for a cup of coffee.

Danny Hultzen - I am high on him only because he is a lefty with a great changeup. He doesn't have the raw upside other pitching prospects for Seattle do but I figure he has a great chance to get called up and can be a solid back end starter (this guy unless he makes big steps) does not have the raw skill set to be an ace - he's more like a Mike Minor etc type of starter.

Carlos Martinez - Look for late season relief help with this guy - he has a live arm - fastball with good movement that rests in the upper 90s consistently.

Trevor Rosenthal - Another guy worth looking into if you are in a league that used advanced or secondary stats, guy has a great arm and good command worth stashing in NL only formats or deeper formats where K/9 and holds are counted. Doubt he makes the rotation with the other options available.

Bruce Rondon - Guy is worth a stash he's got his command back down at AAA. Whenever he gets the call again I have a feeling he'll take over as closer. He's got the stuff and mentality to do so, he should not be given up on.

Alex Colome - add this guy to your watch list, decent fastball and curve that projects him as a top setup role, potential closer. Pairing him with Chris Archer...if T. Bay suffers any significant injury or Rodney keeps on stinking up the place, then I think one of these two guys gets the call.

Carter Capps - This guy's power arm deserves to be rostered, he's got closer stuff and when he figures out how to pitch in the MLB god watch out. I think he's one of the best arms for RP to come through since Kimbrel and Street.

Jeurys Familia - Carlos Marmol Jr. The Mets are going to need him. Very risky but high reward.

Yordano Ventura - Might be a deep deep league sleeper for RP/closer help - He has an electric fastball and KC might need him in their pen at some point. Good AL only stashee.

Justin Grimm - his 3-plus pitch potential out of the bullpen really excites me. If they suffer an injury this guy will get called up. He has potential to start or be an elite set up reliever so his versatility makes him make this list IMO.

Whoever was asking for the prospects shoot me a PM i have more to say but I want to leave room for others.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 3686)

Postby plamb23 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:29 pm

Dog, you tha man

How about this?

I have been turned down for the following Ps for A. Craig :

MadBum
Cain
Wainwright
Gio
Harvey
Zimmermann
Sale

Who's next?

Medlen
Latos
Gallardo
Samardzija
Minor

Any of them a no? Is that the right order?

Or try Cain again during this struggle?
plamb23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 486)

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:16 am

Latos
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby angels7777 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:47 am

Pick 2: Marmol, Fujikawa, Quintana, Herrera?

5x5 H2H, NK 10 teams
C- S. Perez
1B- Votto
2B- Zobrist
3B- A-Ram/M. Young
SS- Rollins
OF- J. Upton, Choo, A. Gordon
UTIL- Fielder
BN- C. Crawford
SP- Hamels, Bumgarner, Gallardo, I. Kennedy, Fister, Kuroda, Minor, Dempster, Burnett, Ogando
RP- Cishek, Fujikawa, Veras, Herrera, Bailey
5x5 H2H, NK 10 tms

C-
1- Fielder
2- Carpenter
3- Wright
SS- Desmond
OF- J. Upton, Trout, Heyward
UTL- Werth
BN- E. Cab
SP- Hamls, Gio, Latos, Tehran, D. Salzar, Lirano, Grza, Kluber, Lincum, Lacky
RP- Cishek, Veras, Soria, Brothers, Hawkins
DL- Crain
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 500)

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:14 am

C- S. Perez
1B- Votto
2B- Zobrist
3B- A-Ram/M. Young
SS- Rollins
OF- J. Upton, Choo, A. Gordon
UTIL- Fielder
BN- C. Crawford
SP- Hamels, Bumgarner, Gallardo, I. Kennedy, Fister, Kuroda, Minor, Dempster, Burnett, Ogando
RP- Cishek, Fujikawa, Veras, Herrera, Bailey

Dump Burnett for Quintana upside. Keep Fuji and Herrera for now.
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Anyone else?