Another "Draft Advice" Post - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Another "Draft Advice" Post

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Another "Draft Advice" Post

Postby deano » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:12 pm

OK...what would YOU do?

#3 pick outta 14 teams, live snake draft, non-keeper, mixed, don't know what you call the scoring type, but it takes into account just about everything...12 categories for hitters, 15 for pitchers. To give you an idea of what the scoring looks like, of the top 20 players last season, only 3 were hitters...Bonds(5), Vlad(11), and ARod(13). Johnson amassed 1,038 points to lead pitchers while Bonds totalled 717 to pace the hitters.

So...1 & 2 will more than likely be Unit and Schilling. In fact, I'm pretty sure of it if the grapevine speaks true. So, for #3, I'm a little reluctant to take Pedro because of the injury factor. Being 3rd out of 14 means I don't get another pick until 26 so this pick has to work out. So...Zito, Oswalt, Colon (scary!) or do I go with a hitter like ARod or Vlad? Your thoughts?
deano

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby The Jury » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:11 pm

It's too heavy toward pitchers to take a hitter. Get Pedro.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Guru_fbc » Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:21 am

yeah i'd have to go pedro too, thats a 400 point difference between unit and bonds. Since your league is so pitching heavy I'd assume that most people are going to try and get a good pitcher early, which should leave a few good bats for you at 26th pick
The Guru_fbc
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ike » Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:53 am

Sounds like pitching is right... if you feel too unsafe about Pedro's health, then I'd go with Oswalt, even where he pitches.
amore cecidi tamquam blatta in peluim
Ike
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Baseball Leftovers