4/16 Cheering-Venting & Shoulda Coulda Woulda - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/16 Cheering-Venting & Shoulda Coulda Woulda

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 4/16 Cheering-Venting & Shoulda Coulda Woulda

Postby daullaz » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:55 pm

BJSFAN123 wrote:What's the earliest Tampa will bring up Myers? Late April or will he be stuck in the minors until the all-star break? Their offense is pathetic right now..only the Marlins have been worse, but the Rays were actually suppose to be a competitive team.


Earliest is tomorrow. Likeliest may be mid-June.
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4884
(Past Year: 56)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Babel

Re: 4/16 Cheering-Venting & Shoulda Coulda Woulda

Postby kab21 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Kirkman/Nathan contributed to a near disaster giving up 3 H, 1BB and a HBP to load the bases with two out against the Cubs. Holland nearly got robbed of his W.

I'm off to a fast start in my H2H pts league with 40 pt leads (120-80) over the next two highest scoring teams (24 tms). On the downside I'm playing the next two highest scoring teams this week although they are probably more upset than I. We play 4 matchups each week to even out the luck factor and make it possible for multiple matchups against each team.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5342
(Past Year: 159)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 4/16 Cheering-Venting & Shoulda Coulda Woulda

Postby haymarket » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:35 pm

I can never remember how MLB handles rain games. If it keeps raining in Cincy and they don't finish tonight, do they resume from where the game is now or do they start over? Would hate to lose this start from Bailey.
Image
haymarket
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 258
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Nebraska

Re: 4/16 Cheering-Venting & Shoulda Coulda Woulda

Postby rjforlife » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:41 pm

I'm pretty sure they resume where it left off. They don't postpone after this many innings.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7509
(Past Year: 738)
Joined: 25 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vegas Baby

Re: 4/16 Cheering-Venting & Shoulda Coulda Woulda

Postby bleach168 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:43 pm

haymarket wrote:I can never remember how MLB handles rain games. If it keeps raining in Cincy and they don't finish tonight, do they resume from where the game is now or do they start over? Would hate to lose this start from Bailey.


Once its past the 6th inning, all stats are saved no matter what happens.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5058
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 4/16 Cheering-Venting & Shoulda Coulda Woulda

Postby Ender » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:45 pm

bleach168 wrote:
haymarket wrote:I can never remember how MLB handles rain games. If it keeps raining in Cincy and they don't finish tonight, do they resume from where the game is now or do they start over? Would hate to lose this start from Bailey.


Once its past the 6th inning, all stats are saved no matter what happens.


Once you have completed 5 innings the stats count no matter what. If the home team is ahead after 4 1/2 innings it counts no matter what.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 4/16 Cheering-Venting & Shoulda Coulda Woulda

Postby BJSFAN123 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:45 pm

Hilarious..I have Trout and Perkins and thought to myself "a trout double to score these two runners Perkins isn't responsible for followed by an out would be perfect"

and it played out perfectly.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2352
Joined: 6 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 4/16 Cheering-Venting & Shoulda Coulda Woulda

Postby bleach168 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Ender wrote:
bleach168 wrote:
haymarket wrote:I can never remember how MLB handles rain games. If it keeps raining in Cincy and they don't finish tonight, do they resume from where the game is now or do they start over? Would hate to lose this start from Bailey.


Once its past the 6th inning, all stats are saved no matter what happens.


Once you have completed 5 innings the stats count no matter what. If the home team is ahead after 4 1/2 innings it counts no matter what.


Ah, I stand corrected.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5058
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 4/16 Cheering-Venting & Shoulda Coulda Woulda

Postby Ender » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Henderson got the save but it was nowhere near a slam dunk. Axford pitched very early in the game when they still had a good lead so it really seems to be Henderson's job at this point.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 8:48 hours
(and 95 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact