Oswaldo Arcia up with the Twins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Oswaldo Arcia up with the Twins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Oswaldo Arcia up with the Twins

Postby kab21 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:19 am

mac-unit wrote:He played 77 minor league games there. I'm sure he'd be serviceable enough in the field for one season. His CF defense would hurt the team a lot less than Aaron Hicks at the plate right now.

Awesome idea. Take a top prospect and play him out of position. He might have played 77 games in CF in rk ball 3 yrs ago but his body has filled out considerably since then. If you want to address the Hicks situation then look for a different solution.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 159)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:26 am

100% naming my kid Oswaldo regardless of gender.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby kab21 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:30 am

bigh0rt wrote:100% naming my kid Oswaldo regardless of gender.

his little brother is a sleeper in the Brewers system. Orlando.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:11 am

he's back.
Twins recalled OF Oswaldo Arcia from Triple-A Rochester.
Arcia was just sent down after Monday's game but is back up with the big club since the Twins are dealing with multiple outfielder injuries. The talented youngster figures to see a few starts per week.

I guess there is no rule where you can't call someone up right after sending them down.
maybe he could get a look as a regular instead of Parmelee.
looks like Hicks will continue to start, Mastrowhatever went on the DL.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 72)

Postby Joe Mauer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:56 am

SpecialFNK wrote:he's back.
Twins recalled OF Oswaldo Arcia from Triple-A Rochester.
Arcia was just sent down after Monday's game but is back up with the big club since the Twins are dealing with multiple outfielder injuries. The talented youngster figures to see a few starts per week.

I guess there is no rule where you can't call someone up right after sending them down.
maybe he could get a look as a regular instead of Parmelee.
looks like Hicks will continue to start, Mastrowhatever went on the DL.

They are not going to sit Parm.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby kab21 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:14 am

i think you can call someone back up if someone goes on the DL. Otherwise they have to wait for ten days.

Arcia is just bouncing around right now. I'm curious if the Twins will try to sneak Arcia into CF for a couple of games. It really doesn't seem like a good idea but they haven't left themselves many options with only Hicks on the team. There is no backup CF'er. I think at the end of the day they will get Morneau, Parmelee and Doumit (2 for him) a day off each week to get Arcia into the lineup.

The more frustrating thing is that the Twins waited 2-3 weeks to DL Mastroianni. He injured himself during spring training and has been trying to play through it.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:25 am

why would the Twins not do something with Parmelee?

I don't think Parmelee has to be replaced, but I don't think one can just say it wont happen. he hasn't been bad. he has a good BB rate with 13.3%, but also a high 24.4 K%. his LD is good at 22.2%. but the FB is down at 29.6%. what/where does he project in the future? I think he was more of a 1B coming up through the minors.

what are the chances the Twins trade Willingham sometime this season? or maybe even Morneau?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 72)

Postby kab21 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:45 am

Parmelee definitely projects as a 1B or DH. The reason that Parmelee should be starting is that the Twins need to find out if he is a possible answer at 1B after Morneau is traded or becomes a FA (likely). To do that he needs AB's almost everyday.

I think it is very likely that one or both of Willingham, Morneau or even Doumit are traded as long as they are healthy and producing at the deadline. They will certainly find a position for Arcia to play by next season.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Joe Mauer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:29 pm

kab21 wrote:i think you can call someone back up if someone goes on the DL. Otherwise they have to wait for ten days.

Arcia is just bouncing around right now. I'm curious if the Twins will try to sneak Arcia into CF for a couple of games. It really doesn't seem like a good idea but they haven't left themselves many options with only Hicks on the team. There is no backup CF'er. I think at the end of the day they will get Morneau, Parmelee and Doumit (2 for him) a day off each week to get Arcia into the lineup.

The more frustrating thing is that the Twins waited 2-3 weeks to DL Mastroianni. He injured himself during spring training and has been trying to play through it.

I didn't actually realize Mastro was injured in spring training. Now, in retrospect, I am endorsing them going with Hicks to start the season.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby Joe Mauer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:30 pm

kab21 wrote:Parmelee definitely projects as a 1B or DH. The reason that Parmelee should be starting is that the Twins need to find out if he is a possible answer at 1B after Morneau is traded or becomes a FA (likely). To do that he needs AB's almost everyday.

I think it is very likely that one or both of Willingham, Morneau or even Doumit are traded as long as they are healthy and producing at the deadline. They will certainly find a position for Arcia to play by next season.

This. Spot on! Could not have stated it better.

Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers