Cingrani Time! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cingrani Time!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cingrani Time!

Postby Rally Cat » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:42 am

Any idea when the Reds will call him up ? I want to put in for him and get the jump on my league mates.
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:00 am

Rally Cat wrote:Any idea when the Reds will call him up ? I want to put in for him and get the jump on my league mates.

Allegedly he is starting Thursday against the Marlins against Jose Fernandez. Reds official web site finally took Cueto down as the Probable and has it listed as TBA, so it's very likely he starts tomorrow.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby Rally Cat » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:04 am

I've been reading the same thing. But when do they make it official? Thursday? The weather in Cinny looks questionable. If the game is called they could skip him and call him up next week.
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Rally Cat wrote:I've been reading the same thing. But when do they make it official? Thursday? The weather in Cinny looks questionable. If the game is called they could skip him and call him up next week.
per Rotowire:

Cingrani will start in place of Johnny Cueto (triceps) against the Marlins on Thursday, mlb.com's Mark Sheldon reports.

Cingrani probably won't be called up until Thursday, but it looks like he will take Cueto's spot in the rotation, as expected. Cingrani has a phenomenal minor league track record and has struck out 26 batters over just 14.1 innings with Triple-A Louisville this season. He could be a good short term add for fantasy owners, and if things go well, Cingrani might even stick in the rotation once Cueto returns.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Rally Cat » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks ;-D
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby footballisbetter.com » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:21 am

Unfortunately Leaked looked pretty good last night. :-t
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 154)

Postby Rally Cat » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:25 am

Pretty good? If I owned Leake I would be happy as a pig in @#$%. Somebody below me is also putting in for him . It made it easy for me . I really didn't want to drop anybody . For those of you who did get him I hope it works out for you.
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rjforlife » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:25 am

Just finished watching the game on replay and it was very interesting.

1. He looks like Chris Sale, without the slider. This is not a great thing because the slider is what makes Sale deadly.

2. He has excellent control. In general, Mesoraco did not have to move the glove when he put it on a good spot. He missed high/low but rarely out over the plate.

3. As I'm sure you all have read, he ONLY throws fastballs. It is a good fastball, sitting at 93, but it doesn't have a ton of movement.

4. He has a bit of an odd delivery which adds a nice bit of deception, but that could easily dry up after seeing a team a couple of times or just a couple of times through the order.

5. The Marlins are a very poor hitting team, so I would like to see him against a bit better competition, but for his first big league start on short notice, he performed admirably. With the Cincy offense, he could win some games if he can pitch 6+ innings.

In summary, the kid has good some potential, but he needs to develop his curve a bit, he only threw it a couple of times but it did have some bite to it, he just had little control over it. I think he could be a nice add short-term, but if you can spin him in a trade with some value, I would do it because he is going to get lit up in one of his next couple of starts if he faces a good offense or team that can hit fastballs.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 765)

Postby hondo4mvp » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:02 pm

rjforlife wrote:Just finished watching the game on replay and it was very interesting.

In summary, the kid has good some potential, but he needs to develop his curve a bit, he only threw it a couple of times but it did have some bite to it, he just had little control over it. I think he could be a nice add short-term, but if you can spin him in a trade with some value, I would do it because he is going to get lit up in one of his next couple of starts if he faces a good offense or team that can hit fastballs.

I dropped him right after the 5th inning.Once they stop biting on that high fastball his BB will go up and his K rate will go down.
Plus I think he'll be in the pen when Cueto comes back unless Leake completely falls apart.
hondo4mvp
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:36 pm

hondo4mvp wrote:
rjforlife wrote:Just finished watching the game on replay and it was very interesting.

I dropped him right after the 5th inning.Once they stop biting on that high fastball his BB will go up and his K rate will go down.
Plus I think he'll be in the pen when Cueto comes back unless Leake completely falls apart.

If anything, I imagine he would be sent down to work on secondary offerings, not relegated to the bullpen.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers