SELLING HIGH ON CHRIS DAVIS / ANALYZE MY TEAM PLEASE WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

SELLING HIGH ON CHRIS DAVIS / ANALYZE MY TEAM PLEASE WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

SELLING HIGH ON CHRIS DAVIS / ANALYZE MY TEAM PLEASE WHIR

Postby afro.asiatic » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:32 pm

analyze my team and my decision to sell high on chris davis. leave a link to your post in your comments. WHIR

Hitting Categories / Runs, Hits, Home Runs, RBIs, Stolen Bases, Walks, Strikeouts, Total Bases, Errors, Avg.
C - Salvador Perez
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Mark Trumbo (1B,3B,OF)
2B - Marco Scutaro (2B,3B,SS)
3B - Adrian Beltre
SS - Andrelton Simmons
CI - Chris Davis (1B,OF)
MI - Jeff Keppinger (1B,2B,3B)
OF - Matt Carpenter (1B,2B,3B,OF)
OF - Yoenis Cespedes
OF - Norichika Aoki
OF - Denard Span
OF - Aaron Hicks
Util - Pete Kozma (SS)
BN - Pedro Ciriaco (2B,3B,SS)
BN - Jordan Pacheco (C,1B,3B)
BN - Xavier Paul (OF) FREE AGENT PICKUP

Pitching Categories / Innings Pitched, Appearances, Wins, Complete Games, Shutouts, Saves, Walks, Strikeouts, ERA, WHIP
P - Adam Wainwright
P - Ross Detweiler
P - Jhoulys Chacin FREE AGENT PICKUP
P - Felix Dubront
P - Ryan Cook
P - Trevor Rosenthal
P - Kevin Correja FREE AGENT PICKUP
P - Jason Marquis - (pretty much an empty slot as i stream pitchers from this slot)
BN - Brian Wilson
DL - Brandon Beachy

WAIVER WIRE TARGETS
Util - Jurickson Profar
3B - Nolan Arenado
P - Nick Tepesch
C - Mike Zunino
2B - Kolten Wong
C - Martin Maldanado
3B - Matt Tuiasosopo

* yea im not kidding when i say its slim pickings via the wire*

EDIT
I sold high on Chris Davis and traded him away along with Felix Dubront and Xavier Paul in exchange for Michael Saunders, Oscar Taveras, Casey Jannsen, and Drew Storen.
I needed relief pitching, particularly SAVES. Im in a deep and extremely active 20 team roto league so coming across any players of note via the wire in my league is difficult enough. My thought process on this deal was i dont believe Chris Davis will be able to continue this torrid start throughout the season and i believe that i do have enough hitting to sustain the loss of Davis with Beltre, Trumbo, and Cespedes still on my roster. Plus getting Michael Saunders a 20/20 guy and Oscar Taveras for future purposes in return along with positions of need in a closer and a potential closer in Storen (since Rafael Soriano has already had some slip-ups early on this season) i am pretty satisfied about my deal.
However i cant help but feel nervous at the same time. Chris Davis just homered again and Michael Saunders was put on the DL -_- and alot of people in the league have been sounding off about it. Please can someone just reassure myself that i made the right move, people keep criticizing me in the league over things that happened last year when i was a novice saying its like last year all over again but ive studied up and really honestly believe i made the right move.

RE-EDIT
so just to update everyone who took the time and responded..

i put in a waiver claim and got Jurickson Profar and dropped Kevin Correja
The Chris Davis trade went through and i now have Casey Jannsen, Michael Saunders, Oscar Taveras, and Drew Storen on my roster. and Patrick Corbin with Michael Saunders DL stint freeing up a roster spot

Go figure the day after the trade goes through and i give up my hottest hitter, my roster is hit with injuries / demotions -__- with- Yoenis Cespedes and Wilson Ramos being put on the DL and Aaron Hicks continued struggles likely meaning hes going to be reassigned.. the only good thing from that was i was able to snag Tony Cingrani from the wire before anyone else had the chance to and that in itself especially in this league is a miracle.
Now i just have to buy some time and hope both Beltre and Trumbo and others can get hot in these next couple weeks to make my offense respectable till the rest of the gang comes back and rely on my pitching..Adam Wainwright helped me out alot today with a complete game shutout so i know ill be up in the rankings after today, plus it seems the trade in a way is paying off alittle with Casey Jannsen notching a save the first of the year for my team!!

All in all looking at it long term for the season i think im ok..of course theres always second guessing when it comes to making huge deals with a hot player but with profar, taveras, and cingrani all due to come up I'm set currently and for the home-stretch of the season i believe.
Last edited by afro.asiatic on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
afro.asiatic
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: SELLING HIGH ON CHRIS DAVIS / ANALYZE MY TEAM PLEASE WHI

Postby Dbgrenier » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:06 am

I think you made the wrong move. He may not keep up the power that he has shown in almost every game, but since last year, he has become far more consistent than the Rangers thought he could (when they traded him to the Orioles). And Joe Saunders was the best SP you could manage? Ouch. Jansen is fine, but you should have had higher selling price in my opinion. Sorry mate.
Dbgrenier
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby afro.asiatic » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:01 pm

i think you misread man, its michael saunders the outfielder for the mariners and legitimate 20/20 threat not joe saunders. If i had made the deal for joe saunders and others then i wouldnt even be asking if i made the right move -__- i would be kicking myself
afro.asiatic
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Quackman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:11 pm

id want a SP for trade bait like Davis. I mean you have Chacin, if its a streaming league id only start him with a good matchup. Same with a couple other of your pitchers. Not big on Saunders but Tavares might be nice eventually, especially if the WW is that picked over. Its not like Davis's power is coming out of nowhere though. He had a good year last year and looks better now. Personally i think you could have got a good SP.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby fittsrk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:02 pm

First let me say that a 20 man league is a tough place to play. It requires a TON of up to date knowledge of a lot more players than a traditional 10 or 12 team league. Having said that, your team doesn't look too bad. Your OF is great, and you have some other nice pieces. However, you completely undersold Chris Davis. He is a late bloomer coming into his own and a legit .265/35/100 guy which is hard to come by. You deserved an ace and a 20/20 bat for him and an arm. Keep plugging away though, be active on the ww and you should be fine.

PLease help me:

viewtopic.php?t=458335
fittsrk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Va2ba » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:48 pm

I think you could have gotten a little bit more, but I think this trade should help you. Your power numbers will still be there and you've got a piece that might pay off in the long run. I do think you could have done better but I think you team is slightly improved.

But being an O's fan and with him on my team, he is not moving.
Va2ba
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team