Re: How are your leagues going?

Postby OBPlover » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:38 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Deep Dynasty (20 teams) - 2nd
Killer Crossover Keeper (13) - 2nd
Cold Stove (12) - 2nd
Brushback (14) - 3rd
Masters (15) - 4th
1st YR Dynasty with a bunch of Matt Buser followers (12) - 4th

Interestingly, in most of my leagues, where other managers took time to post their views of the draft, my teams were typically unfavorably rated. Common theme was that I reached on a # of players. Indeed, this season, I admit I abandoned my old method of drafting: targeting value and my breakout picks. Instead, I focused solely on guys on my want list.

Reason being, after last season, I felt I was too drawn by other people's rankings. Too many quote/unquote experts nowadays and a number of them seem to just collectively agree on projections. Needless to say, I wasn't happy with a number of my league finishes, so this year, if things go wrong, I'll only need to get angry at one guy. ;-)

Just curious, but who did you reach for early?

I'm going to guess Matt Harvey or Justin Upton
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 135)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:56 pm

My teams took a step up over the weekend though I still don't have a single team that has produced even 'average' on the year. Nice to seem some days with positive movement in the standings though even if 2 of my teams are still in last or 2nd to last.

I don't know about his other teams but the brushback team he has Chris Davis and then the pitching is being propped up heavily by Kimbrel and Reed who have been so perfect.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Izenhart » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:10 pm

4 leagues for me, 3 are cafe leagues. 2 are h2h (6x6 and a 8x8), 2 are roto 5x5. In h2h I'm middle of the pack in both, I think both my teams in h2h are solid and should do well.

In Roto I'm middle of the pack in one league out of 14 (probably my only bad team of the 4, although it has solid pitching) and I'm 1st out of 11 in another league. 1st place team is the only one of the 4 with Harvey or Upton.

My players are typically under preforming across the board, not worried about much yet. Would like to see some more power from my thumpers (LaRoche, EE, Trumbo, Beltre) and I hope Pujols, Longo and Hamilton pick it up some. My Longo HR today was mtached by his Salty HR. :,-(
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Postby OBPlover » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:05 am

Just curious, how much do these Cafe leagues cost to join?
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 135)

Postby rjforlife » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:36 am

OBPlover wrote:Just curious, how much do these Cafe leagues cost to join?

They cost your life.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby Izenhart » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:18 am

rjforlife wrote:
OBPlover wrote:Just curious, how much do these Cafe leagues cost to join?

They cost your life.

When I say cafe leagues I mean leagues created by people who post here, most of them are just for fun and have different settings. Its my first year in one but the competition level is very good.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Postby Joe Mauer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:21 am

One H2H league I am 1-22-1 on the season and 2-7-3 currently in this weeks match up. I was expecting to be lousy this year in that league though.

In another H2H league I am 14-8-2 (tied for 3rd) and in that league I was expecting to finish in the top 6 on the season and be playoff bound. So far, so good.

In my other league, which is a very unique setup, it is year long roto 5x5 (saves+holds instead of saves cat.). I am 8th out of 12 teams but that's ok. Just fell from 4th a couple days ago. Its early and I have bullets remaining in my gun.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby kab21 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:30 am

So far my team is doing well but not great at 5-3. it's a 24 tm pts league dynasty with 4 weekly matchups and I just missed in the 3 losses. I expect to be in the playoffs but I think it will be one more year until I can make a run at the title. Harvey and Fernandez need just a little bit more time until they can anchor a playoff staff. Especially when one team ended up with Kershaw, Strasburg and Lee.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:03 am

Currently

12 team roto keeper: 1st place, still dominating all offensive categories and looking very smart right now for choosing Wainwright over Dickey and Gio, also will get a boost when Hanley's back to offset the hot starts that will trail off.
10 team H2H keeper: 1st place, league with some friends that isn't extremely competitive and inherited a good team.
10 team roto NL only: 1st place, gained a ton of points last night, good to see my team is competitive despite nothing from Votto, Ethier, and Gallardo so far.
12 team h2h redraft: 6th place, Gee torpedoed by ratios last week, benched him this time around.
14 team roto money league: 10th place, need to make a big time trade after losing Reyes to turn this team around.

Not too shabby so far. :-)
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby cordscords » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:51 pm

It's been a jekyll and hyde season for me in the early going. 6 teams- 3 in first place, the other 3 I'm dwelling near the basement.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers