How are your leagues going? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How are your leagues going?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How are your leagues going?

Postby Ender » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:25 am

Yeah I'm actually happy with my one H2H league but those are so different since you really play more for the 2nd half. The team I'm playing this week had like every hot player in baseball last week, he had 70 RBI vs my 25 but all that means in H2H is he wasted a ton of RBI.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ayebatter » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:07 am

Ender wrote:
I have one team that I honestly feel has already lost the league (Cafe Pond Scum). By far the worst team I've ever fielded for the first week of a season, almost every single player on the team has been a complete failure. My ERA is over 7 at this point and most of the offense has underperformed or is hurt.

Haha Scummers, I loved my draft until Granderson/Teixeira/Ortiz all went down before our draft was even over then were placed on the late DL after the free agents were picked over then the league set up forced me to go 3 players short for the 1st week then leaving me to pick up the likes of Lind/Smoak/FraGu as replacements for this week. Hahahha my team just sucks right now but it's early. :-b
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1435)

Postby wingman3110 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:29 am

Ender wrote:Yeah I'm actually happy with my one H2H league but those are so different since you really play more for the 2nd half. The team I'm playing this week had like every hot player in baseball last week, he had 70 RBI vs my 25 but all that means in H2H is he wasted a ton of RBI.

What pitchers do you have in Cafe Pond Scum? Just curious
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Philly_05 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:51 am

12 Team Roto - 1st place after a couple guys talked smack to me after my draft. They were saying I was playing for next year before the year even started. They are both in the bottom half of the league i'm in first by 14.5. One of the guys is in last place 52 pts back other is in 6th 24 pts back. Don't want to puff up my chest to big yet. But it feels good getting off to a good start when guys are talking ish. :-D

16 Team H2H - Got totally smacked around 0-8-2 in my first match up. Really don't get it I really like my team. Got Posey, Howard, Kipnis, Longo, Castro, Cain, Trout, Strasburg, Wainwright I should dominate. But even last year the team didn't perform.

12 Team FP - Sitting in 10th place 4th in my division. Got off fast after the first few days I was in first place overall. But fell back since. A bit of a miscalculation on my part I filled my DL with long term injuries during the draft. But then before the season started I lost Hanley, Eaton and Venters. A lot will depend on how well my injured guys comeback. Then will Fernandez and Wheeler pull some magic rookie performances out to help the back end of my staff. Cain, Sale, Anderson and Garcia should be good enough to hold together the staff. Need Miggy, Heyward, Willingham, Howard, Rizzo, Rutledge and Altuve to get things going for my bats.
Last edited by Philly_05 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 646)

Postby hot4tx » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:57 am

Meh. I had post-draft regrets in both my money leagues. Left money on the table in an auction and failed to draft any closers in my other league. Neither are killers, but I think I need to start drinking heavily again when fantasy draft time comes around. :-D
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wingman3110 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:04 pm

Are people really taking standings seriously right now? :-? One really good, or one really bad day and you're moving up/down as many as 20 points in the standings. Assuming you are playing roto of course.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Ender » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:23 pm

wingman3110 wrote:
Ender wrote:Yeah I'm actually happy with my one H2H league but those are so different since you really play more for the 2nd half. The team I'm playing this week had like every hot player in baseball last week, he had 70 RBI vs my 25 but all that means in H2H is he wasted a ton of RBI.

What pitchers do you have in Cafe Pond Scum? Just curious

Hamels
Gallardo
Fiers
Hellickson
Hammel

Then I made the mistake of spot starting Jimenez against the Yankees since they have been so terrible. I was going to drop Fiers but it is a FAAB league and I didn't realize I had to make the move on Sat and couldn't do Sun so I get his game @STL as well as Gallardo @STL which is where he is horrible, so I expect it to get worse this week. It is a weekly lineup league with no bench so you can't stash people for bad matchups etc.

I have a 7.10 ERA, 1 W and only 37 K in 64 IP . I don't worry much about the standings but that kind of hole in pitching can very easily cost you a league, especially one that is going to be competitive and not a cake walk. I got off to a bad start in at least one league last year that I probably would have won with a 'normal' April but ended up finishing 3rd because it was just too much to overcome.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Quackman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:36 pm

I have axford and boggs in a league,,,killing me so far.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby Simon Bonesteel » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:12 pm

12-team redraft roto (Yahoo, $20) - team, currently 9th; own both Axford and Boggs so my pitching ratios are down to start, plus a few position players have started slow
10-team redraft H2H points (Yahoo, $100) - currently 0-1, good show from my pitching but more slow starts from offense (eg. Beltre, V-Mart)
20-team dynasty H2H points (CBS, $50) - currently 0-1, had a great start from my team but unfortunately was faced against the only team that scored more points than mine did
16-team dynasty H2H points (CBS, $30) - currently 1-0, preyed on a weak team
"I'd tell you to buy a clue but you don't have enough cents."
Simon Bonesteel
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby obeythescribe » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Playing in a 10 Team H2H, won my first week. Loving my batters, ranked in top 3 in 6 categories.

My pitchers, on the other hand, got busted up. Dickey had 2 losses and McCarthy got preyed on.
obeythescribe Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers