How are your leagues going? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How are your leagues going?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How are your leagues going?

Postby Ender » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:34 pm

Just curious how people are doing this season.

This is the worst I've ever felt about fantasy baseball after the first full week of games. I don't have even one team that is doing even average and I have one team that I honestly feel has already lost the league (Cafe Pond Scum). By far the worst team I've ever fielded for the first week of a season, almost every single player on the team has been a complete failure. My ERA is over 7 at this point and most of the offense has underperformed or is hurt.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How are your leagues going?

Postby BJSFAN123 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:12 am

Just okay so far, not really sure how I feel about my team yet but I haven't had any injuries yet which is all you can really ask for at this point.

So far Kinsler/Rosario/Zobrist have carried my team while everyone else has done nothing.

My pitching is very questionable, I wasn't able to get guys I liked in the later rounds like I did in previous years.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rjforlife » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:16 am

Well since I'm ahead of you in PondScum, GREAT! Seriously though, my team sucks in there and I'm mostly hoping for top half at best. My money league I'm off to a 4-6 start in my first matchup but my team was overall not very good so getting a 4-6 loss was fine. I love Choo and Cargo, I'm very worried about Heyward and Zimmerman. Heyward is just not seeing the ball, and Zimmerman looks like he did at the beginning of the season last year. He simply cannot lay off or hit an outside pitch, he needs to stand closer to the plate or change something, but I probably won't be around long enough to find out, he's out on the first bus that'll pick him up.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 765)

Postby bayside » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:52 am

Feeling great so far.
Somehow ended up crushing my opponent in all 3 of my H2H leagues. Has a sub 2 era in 2 of them, and a sub 1.00 whip in all 3 leagues.

20 team Dynasty: won 13-1 and Kemp and Starlin did absolutely nothing for me. nice to start the year with a 5 game division lead.
12 team Keeper (inaugural season): won 8-2 and so far extremely pleased that I grabbed Harper in the 2nd at #15 overall. Absolutely hated this team immediately after the draft, but am much more comfortable after trading for both Bautista and Berkman.
10 team Keeper (3rd season): won 9-2-1 but this team is ridiculous with MCab, JUpton, Ellsbury, Bautista, Kershaw, Harvey etc. Plus it was against my little brother so completely expected.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kab21 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:05 am

Everything is going perfectly in my 24 tm dynasty. 3-1 in my first 4 matchup week and everything says that I will be in the playoffs this year and one of the top teams next year once Harvey and Fernandez have a season under their belt.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 181)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:04 am

I'm in one baseball league this year: 11th of 14.
My pitchers have pooped the bed so far, ERA 5.68 WHIP 1.85. However, I've probably pitched half the innings of everyone else.
Normally I would get stressed about a start like this, but I'm probably the most relaxed about a fantasy season I've ever been.
I think I have a top 4 team, and am backing them to get there.

My fantasy Aussie Rules team on the other hand............... :-L }:-) :-o :-B :-* :-/ :-L

:-b
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:09 am

check back in three weeks.
My opinion of my players hasnt changed after 6 games.
My aces just got shelled, and my Chris Davis/Justin Upton combo is looking genius in Masters. That could/should all change in another 6 games. The only changes im looking to make in any of my teams is the 25th man, or maybe a reliever.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:31 am

1st, 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 7th so couldn't be happier with my start. One of the first place teams has 101 points thanks to Chris Davis, Mike Morse, Adam Jones and Justin Upton, basically a blowout lead for me in all offensive categories besides steals. ;-D
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby ichirosan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:56 am

10-man H2H keeper: Did great on my first matchup, winning 10-2. I'm a bit concerned about my pitching, but I'll think I'll sort it out.
20-man H2H dynasty: Got killed in my first matchup, losing 3-8-1, mainly because half my offense is still on spring training (Kemp, Kipnis, Reddick...) and his pitching had a great week. Also, my April's schedule is brutal... hope to make it out of the first 3 weeks at least at .500
RCL (12 man roto): Got off to a great start, currently at 1st place.
Razzball (bizarro 10 man points): Great start, currently at 2nd place.
ichirosan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wingman3110 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:17 am

I'm not even going to look at the "Full Standings" until after this week, so next week sometime. I felt like in my drafts I did a nice job and just want to let my guys get at least 50 or so at bats and have my pitchers get about 3 starts.

The only thing I'm worried about so far is in my 10 teamer with friends league i have Giancarlo Stanton, and in my one other league that's very competitive, I am now without a closer....
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 138)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers