Manually adding points to a team in yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Manually adding points to a team in yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Manually adding points to a team in yahoo

Postby Whomper » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:21 pm

We switched our league from CBS to Yahoo this year. Our SP eligibility used to be that a SP was automatically eligible as soon as he was declared a sp. CBS suppoerted this. Yahoo forces you to use their eligibility of a picther needing 5 starts to become eligible. We set up our roster positions as

sp
sp
sp
rp

as starting requirements. In hindsight we should have made one of those sp slots just P so a guy like Ogando , who doesnt qualify yet as a starter at Yahoo, could have just been put in the S slot and we could have avoided Yahoo eligibility. Its too late though because once the season starts you cant edit roster positions. We decided to let the Ogando owner use Ogando in his rp slot. The problem with that is now his true RP has to be benched so we want to manually add his true RPs points to his score but I dont see an option for that. Does anyone know if that is possible and if so, can you help me out ?

side note: I see yahoo offers a reset draft option which would allow you to reset your rosters qualifications etc . If we chose that, would it wipe out our week 1 history and point totals ?

Thanks in advance
Whomper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Manually adding points to a team in yahoo

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:01 pm

Whomper wrote:We switched our league from CBS to Yahoo this year. Our SP eligibility used to be that a SP was automatically eligible as soon as he was declared a sp. CBS suppoerted this. Yahoo forces you to use their eligibility of a picther needing 5 starts to become eligible. We set up our roster positions as

sp
sp
sp
rp

as starting requirements. In hindsight we should have made one of those sp slots just P so a guy like Ogando , who doesnt qualify yet as a starter at Yahoo, could have just been put in the S slot and we could have avoided Yahoo eligibility. Its too late though because once the season starts you cant edit roster positions. We decided to let the Ogando owner use Ogando in his rp slot. The problem with that is now his true RP has to be benched so we want to manually add his true RPs points to his score but I dont see an option for that. Does anyone know if that is possible and if so, can you help me out ?

side note: I see yahoo offers a reset draft option which would allow you to reset your rosters qualifications etc . If we chose that, would it wipe out our week 1 history and point totals ?

Thanks in advance

We do not allow you to add points/stats to your league at this time. Resetting your draft would not only wipe out those totals, it would then not allow you to start again with week 1. You could potentially use retro stats, but I doubt that is the solution you want.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner