trout/strasburg for upton/kemp/kershaw/yu?? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

trout/strasburg for upton/kemp/kershaw/yu?? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

trout/strasburg for upton/kemp/kershaw/yu?? WHIR

Postby sinicalypse » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:44 pm

ok guys, this is once again my ~20 team ~30man roster 15x15 H2H team with cash waivers and whatnot... the guy who runs the league has wanted trout/strasburg at any price, so like, after a barrage of offers lately i str8up told him as a joke "you'd have to give me something like kemp/upton/kershaw/yu" for trout/strasburg and sure enough he offered me that, albeit with a round 2 draft pick for my round 18 (no doubt i can work that) so like, the 16 keepers are going down to 12 next year which is of note so let's list my team

c - jesus montero
1b - brandon belt
2b - danny espinosa
ss - ian desmond
3b - miguel cabrera
IF - brett lawrie (DL)
if - Brandon Crawford
OF - mike trout
OF - dayan viciedo
OF - nate mcclouth (ick)
util - gaby sanchez
util - casey kotchman
util - andres torres

bench/NA - anthony hoes
team-mascot/NA - L.J. Hoes

SP strasburg
SP bumgarner
SP matt moore
SP hellickson
SP jose fernandez (yes the marlins prospect guy)
SP - mike pelfrey
RP - kimbrel
RP - cishek
RP - mcgee
RP - pestanooria
RP - a bunch of scrubs that have ~10-20 hold capability and solid ERAs but no real closing prospects we'll save you all time)
bench/DL - jeff karstens
bench/NA - kyle gibson

so yeah like i said, 16 keepers going down to 12. obviously my offense is suspect.... but the dude wants my trout and strasburg bad.... and now he's willing to give me kemp/upton/kershaw.yu whereas previous deals had been like kinsler/kemp/longoria/yu for the pair, or kinsler/longoria/upton/dickey for the pair..... what do you think?

with keepers contracting, do i double up my pitching/offensive capabilities knowing that i'll possibly lose top-flight production to replace them with two guys who are top-20 players (if healthy in kemp's case) and arguably the best pitcher in baseball in kershaw and a promising talent in yu darvish? or do i stand pat?

what thinkest thou? if i didn trespond to yours, leave a link to your ??? here merci beaucoup

# james
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: trout/strasburg for upton/kemp/kershaw/yu?? WHIR

Postby plamb23 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:50 pm

So Kemp/Upton for Trout
and Yu/Kershaw for Strasburg

Yup, I do that ;-D

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=457883
plamb23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 271)

Postby dannahann » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:09 pm

justin upton right? wow 4 studs for 2, take this deal.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 40)

Postby millerpark » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Do this deal now while you can
millerpark
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby AHF » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:38 pm

I view Kershaw and Stasburg as a wash.

Then it is Trout for Upton, Kemp & Yu.

I love Trout, but I would have to do this deal.
AHF
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby sinicalypse » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:09 pm

i got him to me giving up round 3 on the draft pick and his giving up round 9.

and then he's got another deal sans draft picks that features adrian gonzalez in place of yu darvish.

i'm still liking the yu side better
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:56 pm

sinicalypse wrote:i got him to me giving up round 3 on the draft pick and his giving up round 9.

and then he's got another deal sans draft picks that features adrian gonzalez in place of yu darvish.

i'm still liking the yu side better

I'd prefer the agonz side even if you still had to trade the picks. Without picks involved I think that's the clear winner.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby sinicalypse » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:26 pm

ok here's what happened.

started off i give strasburg/trout and round 2 draft pick for kemp/jupton/kershaw/yu and round 18 pick.

i negotiated that down to me giving up a round 3 pick him giving up round 3,

then i teased i have a hole at 1B so he tried offering up adrian gonzalez in place of yu with no draft picks involved, which i refused.

then he came with adrian-gonz/kemp/j-upton/kershaw/yu and round 18 for strasburg/trout/belt/jake-mcgee/pestano/ and round 2.

so i countered with giving up strasburg/trout/belt/mcgee/jared-burton and a rou-nd 2 for his adrian-gonz/kemp/j-upton/kershaw/yu and round 18.

i wanna keep pestano because if/wjhen chris perez goes he's a closer and that's value in our league.... otherwise he's an entrenched holds machine in the 8th and mcgee, aside from giving up that boo-tay, isnt a full IP guy and comes in whenever. burton is nice as he battled with glen perkins to close, but look at his career he's a journeyman who had a year last year. mike dunn was a part of the uggla trade and he gets his holds, a year of ~3.68/1.30 and then 4.77/1.47 or something... sure, but thats with 15-18 holds.

so now my pitching staff is....

kershaw
darvish
bumgarner
matt moore
hellickson
jose fernandez
kimbrel
cishek
pestano
and then mike dunn and the other solid/ish relievers..... oh yeah and i'm sitting on kyle gibson who i got for free. i might jump on maurer now nad try to trade him, but yeah, whatever.

so basically like, yeah, a lot of people neglect holds so i'll be avble to stomach the loss of mcgee and keep pestano as my big guy with a bunch of guys who had ~2-3 eras with good whips and K #s and 10-20 holds last year, and now whereas i netered the year deperate for jose fernandez cuz i only had 4 starters and a 36IP/week limit.... i've got kershaw darvish bumgarner matt moore llickson and jeremy fernandez. and hell mike pelfrey too.

and offensively.... belt had me worried that he wasnt gonna pan out... and adrian gonzalez isnt what he was in san diego, but if he hits .280-300/~20hr/~80-100 RBI and does his thing on a video screen, tahts a big upgrade over belt.... and with only 12 keepers next year, i did the math, i wasnt gonna be as cutesy keeping reliever guys so to add two pichers imma definitely keep and not have to worry about the strasburg injury (altho kershaw has more miles) and/or mike trout regressing to where we thought he'd be (a nice very solid or very good MLB player, maybe not quite HOF but on the cusp.... as opposed to last year's mickey mantle shit).... damn.

maybe i can use kemp/others to get bryce harper, eh? or was trout my best hope at doing that?

we'll see.... but alls i know is that i doubled up my outfield production (it was trout viciedo and mclouth.... and now its kemp upton and viciedo. which would you rahte rhave?) and like, yu was scintillating last night showing us that when he attacks the zone its yeah.... so lets do this... wtf.

i owed the guy who i made the trade with a solid, he's a good dude, i wanna be his friend IRL.... he wanted these two so bad, wtf... have em. i got what i wanted.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions