Is Ryu legit? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Is Ryu legit?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Ryu legit?

Postby ron paul for pres » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:56 pm

8 team, H2H, 5x5

Ryu looked pretty good yesterday. Gave up a lot of hits, but got out of jams. Dodgers should win a lot of games this year, too. Reading too much into one start, or grab him now before someone else does?

I'm going to add another SP or two. Looking at Ryu, Shelby Miller, Cobb and Estrada.

Current roster

C - Rosario
1B - Fielder
2B - Kendrick
3B - Miggy
SS - Tulowitzki
MI - Weeks
CI - Morales
OF - McCutcheon, J Hamilton, Heyward, Morse, Victorino
UT - Middlebrooks
BN - Revere, Hardy

SP - Strasburg, Darvish, Bumgarner, Gio, Vogelsong, Miley, Teheran
RP - Romo, Wilhemsen, Grilli
ron paul for pres
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 403
(Past Year: 15)
Joined: 26 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Ryu legit?

Postby clarkw267 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:38 pm

In an 8 team league... Ryu should not be owned.
clarkw267
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2876
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 16 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Ryu legit?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:55 pm

clarkw267 wrote:In an 8 team league... Ryu should not be owned.


Agreed. I'd much rather have Estrada and Cobb.

Ryu looked pretty hittable last night. He got into a bunch of jams that he got out of due to some hard-hit double plays. As an unknown lefty he could have some success his first time around the league, but I wasn't overly impressed last night and definitely don't think he's worth owning in an 8 team league.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14140
(Past Year: 429)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Is Ryu legit?

Postby jefferey13 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:01 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Ryu looked pretty hittable last night. He got into a bunch of jams that he got out of due to some hard-hit double plays. As an unknown lefty he could have some success his first time around the league, but I wasn't overly impressed last night and definitely don't think he's worth owning in an 8 team league.


This. I'm a huge dodger fan and wanted Ryu on my team but he needed 3 double play balls to get out of trouble. I don't think you can count on that. Maybe against a worse team than the Giants he would be more solid, but in an 8 team there should be better options I think.
Image
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 778
Joined: 13 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Ryu legit?

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:29 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
clarkw267 wrote:In an 8 team league... Ryu should not be owned.


Agreed. I'd much rather have Estrada and Cobb.

Ryu looked pretty hittable last night. He got into a bunch of jams that he got out of due to some hard-hit double plays. As an unknown lefty he could have some success his first time around the league, but I wasn't overly impressed last night and definitely don't think he's worth owning in an 8 team league.

Agree. ;-D
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Ryu legit?

Postby mpieco » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Considering it's an 8-teamer, I'd probably dump Revere and Hardy and add Cobb and Estrada. I love using my bench spots for pitchers, and in an 8-team league there are a ton of hitters that will do the same thing as revere (steal bases, nothing else) and probably a fair few that will do what hardy does (hit hr's, get injured, do nothing else). I always like going with pitching benches.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.


Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1336
Joined: 15 Jul 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Ryu legit?

Postby smoovethug » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Estrada out of this bunch.
Image

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 8955
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Halladay Season


Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Pittsburgh
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact