Trade Hosmer? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Hosmer?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Hosmer?

Postby Rally Cat » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Would you trade Eric Hosmer 5.00 for Manny Machado also 5.00 in a 12 team AL only league? Standard 5x5 scoring. The big difference between the two is Hosmer can't be kept after this year. Machado can be kept next year and his contract could be extended next year at 5.00 per year.
Third base is very weak this year with Youkilis , Donaldson, Dominquez and Caroll the best avalible.
First base is much deeper with Albert, Fielder, Trumbo, Tex, Morneau, Morales, Swisher Konerko , Dunn and Youk avalible.
I have not made the offer yet . Just wanted the opinions of the forum first.
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Hosmer?

Postby MaudDib » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:30 pm

I would probably do that deal. Do you have any other keepers for next year? I think I like Hosmer slightly more long-term but with Machado having 3B eligibility, I think I would lean that way.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Rally Cat » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:52 pm

I took over this team . The other owner had picked up Trout off the wire before he became a stud. so I have him for 5.00. I'll have to extend his contract next year.
I also have Price for 20.00 for next year along with Jennings for 10.00 for next year. We draft on Saturday. Not sure he will agree to the trade. He just traded Middlebooks for Kipnis last week.
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby exm » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Would you trade Eric Hosmer 5.00 for Manny Machado also 5.00 in a 12 team AL only league? Standard 5x5 scoring. The big difference between the two is Hosmer can't be kept after this year. Machado can be kept next year and his contract could be extended next year at 5.00 per year.

1. Hosmer sucks
2. 3B is weak according to you
3. Machado can be kept

Do it.
exm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 76)

Postby Rally Cat » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:18 pm

Thanks for the replies. Dead deal. Since he's traded Middlebrooks he wants to keep Machado.
My guess is because Youkilis is the best avalible 3b he will go for close to 30.00. I'll bid on him but I'll probably save my money and add somebody like Donaldson or Dominquez. I'll throw one of their names out early hoping the others will not want to fill their CI spot with somebody like them. I'm the only one that need a 3b. I'll post that in another tread.
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions