4/3 Cheering, Venting and Marwin, Y U Mar Win for Yu? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/3 Cheering, Venting and Marwin, Y U Mar Win for Yu?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

4/3 Cheering, Venting and Marwin, Y U Mar Win for Yu?

Postby daullaz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:50 am

Post coming as soon as I buy J.P. Arencibia a bigger glove ...

- Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish came within one out of perfection Tuesday before allowing a single up the middle to Marwin Gonzalez. By showing at least some level of accomplishment, Gonzalez was traded by the Astros after the game for two minor leaguers as the Astros continue their quest for a net-zero-salary roster. Darvish went on to win 25 games and every postseason award in baseball.

- Blue Jays catcher J.P. Arencibia played an April Fool's Day prank on starting pitcher R.A. Dickey, lunging his glove out of the way as soon as Dickey's pitches crossed the plate, resulting in three passed balls. When informed that April Fool's Day was the prior day, Arencibia said, "Sure, but it's still April Fool's Day in America!" When informed that Canada actually borders the United States and that he was probably thinking of Australia, Arencibia replied stone-faced, "Oh God, what have I done?"

- Giants pitcher Madison Bumgarner outdueled K-pop singer Hyun-Jin Ryu by allowing just two hits and no walks in eight innings of work. Ryu was plagued by two errors from fill-in shortstop Justin Sellers, leading to two unearned runs. The Dodgers pitcher invited the despondent shortstop to an abandoned dojo later to show Sellers "Hadoken" and "Shoryuken," which Sellers hoped were words of encouragement and trust and not vengeful fighting moves.

- Rays pitcher Jake McGee surrendered five earned runs in the seventh inning of Tuesday's opener between the Orioles and Rays after giving up just 13 runs during the entire 2012 season, blowing ace David Price's lead in the process. McGee revealed after the game that the meltdown was intentional as he tries to take advantage of his new contract, which states he doesn't have to pitch for the rest of the year after giving up 13 runs. Manager Joe Maddon was praised for his progressive tactics with regards to the contract and use of McGee, and prognosticators predicted a 100-win season despite the setback.

- Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez both homered in the team's second game against the Brewers after both homering in the first game against the Brewers. While the teammates were pleased with getting their first win of the season, Gonzalez, who hits third, admitted to being creeped out when Tulowitzki, who hits fourth, followed him around and mimicked all of his movements in the locker room after the game, on the way back to the hotel and even during his restless dreams/nightmares. Manager Walt Weiss laughed off the incident as "Tulo being Manny."

- Diamondbacks pitcher Heath Bell continued his year-plus descent into fantasy obscurity by allowing three runs off four hits (including two home runs) while recording just one out in the D-Backs' loss to the Cardinals Tuesday. One of Bell's surrendered dingers was hit by replacement shortstop Pete Kozma, who said what an accomplishment it was to hit a home run off a pitcher as talented as Bell. When asked about Kozma after the game, Bell said that he was never that big into Seinfeld.

- And finally, the Mariners apparently beat the Athletics 7-1 on Tuesday, but since Felix Hernandez wasn't pitching for the Mariners, no eye witnesses were able to verify the accuracy of the result. Major League Baseball went ahead and accepted the score as official, figuring that the game was in Oakland, and why would the A's lie about losing to a Mariners team that didn't start the King?

Lines according to Bovada (at approx. noon ET)

2:10 ET Royals @ White Sox (O/U 7.5)
KC RHP E.Santana (+125)
CWS RHP J.Peavy (-135)

2:10 ET Rangers @ Astros (O/U 8.5)
TEX RHP A.Ogando (-190)
HOU RHP P.Humber (+170)

4:10 ET Tigers @ Twins (O/U 8.5)
DET RHP A.Sanchez (-153)
MIN RHP K.Correia (+138)

7:05 ET Marlins @ Nationals (O/U 7)
MIA RHP K.Slowey (+225)
WAS LHP G.Gonzalez (-260)

7:05 ET Cubs @ Pirates (O/U 7)
CHC RHP E.Jackson (+122)
PIT LHP W.Rodriguez (-132)

7:05 ET Indians @ Blue Jays (O/U 9)
CLE RHP U.Jimenez (+155)
TOR RHP B.Morrow (-170)

7:05 ET Red Sox @ Yankees (O/U 8)
BOS RHP C.Buchholz (+106)
NYY RHP H.Kuroda (-116)

7:10 ET Padres @ Mets (O/U 7)
SD LHP C.Richard (+130)
NYM RHP M.Harvey (-140)

7:10 ET Phillies @ Braves (O/U 7)
PHI RHP R.Halladay (+125)
ATL LHP P.Maholm (-135)

7:10 ET Orioles @ Rays (O/U 7)
BAL LHP W.Chen (+122)
TB RHP J.Hellickson (-132)

7:10 ET Angels @ Reds (O/U 7)
LAA LHP C.Wilson (+116)
CIN RHP M.Latos (-126)

8:10 ET Rockies @ Brewers (O/U 8.5)
COL RHP J.Nicasio (+122)
MIL RHP W.Peralta (-132)

9:40 ET Cardinals @ Diamondbacks (O/U 9)
STL RHP L.Lynn (+102)
ARI RHP B.McCarthy (-112)

10:05 ET Mariners @ Athletics (O/U 7.5)
SEA LHP J.Saunders (+137)
OAK LHP T.Milone (-152)

10:10 ET Giants @ Dodgers (O/U 7)
SF RHP T.Lincecum (+113)
LAD RHP J.Beckett (-123)
Last edited by daullaz on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 4/3 Cheering, Venting and Marwin, Y U Mar Win for Yu?

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:53 am

Finally i get to throw some SP out there today. Harvey, Anibal, and Ogando hopefully picking up right where Yu left off.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Ender » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:57 am

I'm sitting Lincecum for this one even though I think the Dodgers lineup isn't very good. He has to show me some control before I can put him out there.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby J35J » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Got Halladay going today....very interested to see how he does. :-o
I'm sitting Choo vs Wilson today...he doesn't hit lefties well and hasn't done well against Wilson...throwing Heisey out there in his place today.

Lots of interesting starts today.
Does Matt Harvey pick up where he left off, how does his command look?
Does Ogando transition back to the rotation fine?
Which Brandon Morrow do we see? The more under control but fewer K's guy or the more erratic K machine?
Wily Peralta is overpowering...does he maintain command? He's owned in few leagues...could be a nice pickup.
Lincy vs Beckett....battle of the bouncebacks? We'll see
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:12 pm

J35J wrote:Got Halladay going today....very interested to see how he does. :-o

+1 I could be in for a long season if Halladay isn't better than Spring training.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby ensanimal » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:18 pm

J35J wrote:Wily Peralta is overpowering...does he maintain command? He's owned in few leagues...could be a nice pickup.

This is my debate of the day....to start or not to start? He's on the bench for now, but trying to find a reason to start him.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 108)

Postby kab21 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:25 pm

I have irrational manlust for Harvey. I usually trade all of my prospects for veterans but I traded prospects (Sano and Arcia) for him...
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 162)

Postby daullaz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:39 pm

Original post updated with game capsules from last night.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Ender » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:28 pm

I started Peralta in my one H2H league since if he stinks I don't have to live with it all year~.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby thedude » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:38 pm

bigh0rt wrote: Ogando hopefully picking up right where Yu left off.

You mean allowing base hits?

Last edited by thedude on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers