Does ESPN allow you to change retroactive dates? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Does ESPN allow you to change retroactive dates?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does ESPN allow you to change retroactive dates?

Postby weaz12 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:42 am

We used ESPN in 2012 and originally planned to do the same for 2013, however it was ultimately decided that we would switch over to Yahoo for this season.

Not even a week into the season and everyone is complaining about using Yahoo. As a result, I tried looking into whether or not ESPN allows you to change a retroactive date, similar to how Yahoo does.

Because we at first thought we were sticking with ESPN, we went ahead and activated our ESPN league for 2013. Thus, we already have an "active" ESPN fantasy league. All of the league settings were set up, and a draft date and time were scheduled, but because we made the move to Yahoo before the draft took place, the draft still happened and each team had its roster auto-picked. So, as of right now, we technically have an active 2013 ESPN fantasy baseball league....and my thought was that we could potentially "migrate" our Yahoo league over by just editing each team's rosters in the ESPN league to reflect the rosters that we drafted in the Yahoo league.

From what I have gathered, this part seems doable. The problem that I believe we will run into is that we will not be able to transfer our current Yahoo standings over to ESPN because ESPN doesn't appear have an option to use a "Change Retroactive Date" feature. In our Yahoo league, lets say that we didn't have our draft until after the season started.....for example if we drafted our teams on 4/5, we could use the "Change Retroactive Date" option so that each team received the stats that their players had accumulated between 3/31 and 4/5, which would then be applied to the current standings, etc.

TLDR: Does anyone know if ESPN allows you to do this or anything else that would allow you to count all of the player stats from the beginning of the season, even if your league started late?

Thanks in advance.
weaz12
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Does ESPN allow you to change retroactive dates?

Postby bigmck » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:19 pm

I do know that if you have your draft after the season starts in ESPN that everything is retroactive as if you had it before the season. What I would do is contact Customer Service. I feel sure they could tell you what to do or might even fix the league for you. I would suggest calling rather than a email. Their number is 1-888-549-ESPN Good luck.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner