trade and/or waiver $ @ j-fernanez/bradley/gyorko? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

trade and/or waiver $ @ j-fernanez/bradley/gyorko? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

trade and/or waiver $ @ j-fernanez/bradley/gyorko? WHIR

Postby sinicalypse » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:40 pm

hey guys, this is the epic 20 team ~30-roster-size 15x15 H2H league that has 16 restriction-free keepers (altho i think there's a vote where most people want 12. c'est la vie). i missed my draft this year so outside of my 16 keepers i got a bunch of crap and it seems like short of repeating the pitching dominance i had last year (i finished 4th/20 in the league with a below-avg offense) this team is gonna be dead in the water.

so with that in mind, in 2011 i managed to tank the season and build up assets, getting strasburg in that draft and getting trout during the year... and suffice to say people want them. so lemme list what i've got here and tell you my trade/waiver options:

c - jesus montero (k)
1b - brandon belt (k)
2b - danny espinosa (k)
ss - ian desmond (k)
3b - miguel cabrera (k)
IF - brett lawrie (k/DL at the moment)
IF - brandon crawford
OF - mike trout (k)
OF - dayan viciedo (k)
OF - nate mclouth (ick)
util - marlon byrd
util - justin ruggiano
util - andres torres
bench/IF - gaby sanchez (filling in for lawrie atm)
bench/NA - anthony gose

SP - stephen strasburg (k)
SP - madison bumgarner (k)
SP - matt moore (k)
SP - jeremy hellickson (k)
SP - jason marquis (i left the draft with johan santana, david huff, and jeff karstens. worried about the required 36IP/week, so i added him right away)
RP - craig kimbrel (k)
RP - steve cishek (K)
RP - jake mcgee (k)
RP - vinnie pestano (k)
(and here comes the guys i didnt draft)
RP - jared hughes, jared burton, kevlin herrera, nate jones, dale thayer, craig stammen
DL - jeff karstens

edit: there's waiver cash. everyone starts off with $1000, and with 4 divisions the best record each week in the division gets $100 and the division leader at the end of the month get $200. the rich get richer.... also, you can trade for waiver cash, effectively selling players. this has worked for me in the past. right now there's like ~5 teams with the max $1000.

i've got a trade offer on the table of ian kinsler, matt kemp, evan longoria, and yu darvish for trout and strasburg. this guy wants trout AND/or strasburg bad. here's his roster....

Adrian Gonzalez (LAD - 1B,OF)
Martin Prado (Ari - 2B,3B,SS,OF)
Pablo Sandoval(SF - 3B)
Elvis Andrus(Tex - SS)
Ian Kinsler
Justin Sellers
Carl Crawford
Justin Upton)
Matt Kemp
(util section down here)
Kendrys Morales
Nolan Reimold
Evan Longoria
Dustin Pedroia (benched

Yu Darvish
R.A. Dickey
Clayton Kershaw
Hisashi Iwakuma
Wily Peralta
Rafael Betancourt
Drew Storen
Tim Collins
Antonio Bastardo
Sean Doolittle
Mike Dunn
Ernesto Frieri
Jorge De La Rosa
DLl
Franklin Morales
Jonny Venters

-- he's offered me other trades with upton/kinsler and dickey.... and in the past i jokingly offered him trout and strasburg for kershaw and kemp (along with someone like adrian gonzalez just to piss him off) but as you can see this guy is willing to toss me a lot..... as one guy who responded said, he looks at it like yu for strasburg str8up then it's kinsler/kemp/longoria for trout. idk.... do yuo lot like that? i can click accept on that trade at any point if i want to do it.

so what would you do if you were me? try to dangle trout/strasburg out there and cash out high before any potential performance regression / injury derails either of their value, cuz i mean trout is ranked #1 in the game and being young everyone wants him and i can get multiple players in return.... or would you stand pat and effort the waiver guys, figuring that if everything goes to 12 keepers next year having top-of-the-heap guys like trout and strasburg is worth even more?

if i didnt respond to your ? already leave a link to it and ill get to it here. sorry this is so verbose but like, yeah its a pickle and a quandary and i wish i didnt miss the draft otherwise i woulda pimpslapped these clowns. missing iwakuma, boggs, and other guys from last year is gonna hurt more than i thought, cuz keeping belt over iwakuma was a last second thing.... hell i even let brandon beachy go cuz i was gonna get him back in the draft, but i thought it was on thursday when it was on a wednesday.... c'est la vie.

merci beaucoup

# james
Last edited by sinicalypse on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: trade and/or waiver $ @ j-fernanez/bradley/gyorko? WHIR

Postby sigriffey » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:17 pm

I'm not a big Kinsler guy but those others would be a nice haul for trout and strasburg. Can he give you anyone better than Kinsler? Not that Kinsler is bad, but just curious.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby mpieco » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:36 pm

It was a bit tl;dr for me (sorry), but here are my 2 cents.

Don't deal Trout or Strasburg ever, no matter what.

Gyorko is the best value out of those three people. Bradley may not catch on and could be demoted once Ortiz comes back, and Fernandez is a year or two away from making any impact. I'm surprised the Marlins are doing what they're doing--can anyone say Dontrelle Willis?
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fierro33 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:01 pm

i would do that trade....

i love strasburg but darvish can be a stud too for many years, without the slight injury concern stras has.

kemp/longo/kinsler for trout? hell yeah
fierro33
General Manager
General Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 197)

Postby sinicalypse » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:23 pm

btw i've noticed that maurer is coming up (of course DAMN THE LUCK that his waiver date is april 5th so like, the rest of the league will know that he's starting and i doubt i can get him for dirt cheap) cuz basically i'd love to get one of these young arms... otehrwise it's a pelfrey/marquis type situation just to make sure i make my 36 IP weekly thing....

so i figure ppl are gonna toss cash out there @ these guys. in 2011 trout went for like $1200, moustakas/rizzo were like $1300, shoot brandon belt had his hot start and was a full boat $1000 move at the time.... i missed a nice stash on a $3 dee gordon, but like.... right now i've got 437 for fernandez, 337 for gyorko, 226 for bradley, and then like $7 for a casey kotchman... you know, a warm body starting at 1B who can add to the putouts and at bats and whatnot. all that stuff adds up cuz this league counts every stat offensively/defensively.

maurer has more expeirnece than fernandez, but never dominated like fernandez. so if i dont wanna toss the whole damn boat, or at least most of it, at fernandez should i use maurer as my backup plan hoping i get pelfrey tonight to make my innings limit (along with marquis de sade) ??
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby ron paul for pres » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:59 pm

It would take a whole lot for me to let go of Trout and Strasburg, but I would probably take that deal. I think Darvish could have a Cy Young type year this year. Look at the last month of 2012. He's adjusted to the different strike zone in the U.S. I wouldn't trade Strasburg for Darvish straight up, but it's not that far apart. Now, Kinsler/Longoria/Kemp for Trout? Yes sir. Trout's stock is through the roof right now, but he could almost has to regress this year, at least a little bit. Kinsler can go through slumps and Longoria and Kemp could get injured, but the upside is huge.

Or... you could see just how bad he wants Trout and Strasburg by countering with Darvish/Kemp/Longoria/Justin Upton. It would be a very one sided deal for you, but he might want your guys bad enough to do it.

Thanks for help with mine.
ron paul for pres
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby plamb23 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:22 pm

I would do the trade, but I agree in trying to get someone other than Kinsler first

Love adding Upton too:) worth a shot
plamb23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 266)

Postby tgo0 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:49 pm

That's tough. Strasburg and Trout look like they'll be 10 year keepers at the highest level (Cy Young/MVP candidates).

For that reason I probably wouldn't, even though Kemp and Darvish could also be just minor downgrades and you're getting 2 other valuable pieces.

It's certainly a great offer but I think you're giving up the 2 best players which is really tough to swallow.

Help with mine if you can
viewtopic.php?t=457528
12-team 5x5 H2H w/4 keepers

C:Molina
1B: Howard
2B: Altuve
3B: Freese
SS: Castro
OF:Braun,Kemp,A Jackson
Util:C Davis
Bench:Victorino,Gardner,Rutledge

SP:Strasburg,Melden,Milone,Cobb,Ryu,J Fernandez,Kendrick,Westbrook