I Got 99 Problems ... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I Got 99 Problems ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I Got 99 Problems ...

Postby daullaz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:55 pm

And Robinson Cano is now one of them.

"At this point in my career, I am ready to take a more active role in my endeavors on and off the field," Cano said in a statement. "I am confident that the pairing of Roc Nation Sports and CAA Sports will be essential in helping me accomplish my short- and long-term goals. I am making this important decision now so I can keep my focus on helping the Yankees succeed in 2013, while minimizing any distractions for me and my teammates."

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-o ... zs-company

With the Roc in the sports management business, I really, really, really hope they sign Kris Humphries down the road and make Kanye his agent.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)
Home Cafe: Baseball

I Got 99 Problems ...

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:12 pm

http://sbn.to/YZjzpc

Really good article on how this could hurt the Yankees in the long run. At this point I fully suspect Cano to sign an extension.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Re: I Got 99 Problems ...

Postby Garry26 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Yes many players will gravitate towards the Yankees because their (usually) stellar lineup helps their stats, they have a good shot at a ring every year, and if they become part of Yankee Lore, their post-baseball career is assured.

The Yankees won't compete this year due to injuries. However, they'll continue to be a top MLB team and annual contender next year. Despite their core (Jeter, Arod, Tex, Pettitte, Mariano) getting old, injured, and retiring, you can bet they will continue to sign top players. It is true that The Stienbrener Brothers Hank & Hal, are a little less "spend crazy" than Big Stien was, but they're still big spenders. They currently have a payroll over $215 million. This does not include Luxury Tax payments which they must pay for going over the soft cap that most teams do not exceed.

You can bet that like Jeter, Pettitte, and Mariano, Cano will stay a Yankee for most, if not all his career. It pays to be a Yankee.
I love mock drafts.
Garry26
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 84)

Re: I Got 99 Problems ...

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:20 pm

daullaz wrote:And Robinson Cano is now one of them.

"At this point in my career, I am ready to take a more active role in my endeavors on and off the field," Cano said in a statement. "I am confident that the pairing of Roc Nation Sports and CAA Sports will be essential in helping me accomplish my short- and long-term goals. I am making this important decision now so I can keep my focus on helping the Yankees succeed in 2013, while minimizing any distractions for me and my teammates."

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-o ... zs-company

With the Roc in the sports management business, I really, really, really hope they sign Kris Humphries down the road and make Kanye his agent.

Paraphrasing that: "I'm firing the most high-profile agent in the business and hiring Jigga so I can minimize the distractions for me and my teammates"

I like this tweet from Glen Perkins:

it's been a good run @SFXBaseball but I'm gonna switch my representation to Dwight Yoakam.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 528)

Return to Baseball Leftovers