4/2 Cheering, Venting and Acing Opening Day - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/2 Cheering, Venting and Acing Opening Day

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 4/2 Cheering, Venting and Acing Opening Day

Postby rjforlife » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:51 am

It is really looking like a pitchers year so far, opening week of course, but top flight pitchers who didn't give up a run:

Samardzija
Kershaw
Felix
Strasburg
Verlander
Sale
Cain
Darvish
Bumgarner

Almost all won their games and the WHIPs were extremely low. I'm hoping Latos joins the gang tomorrow.....
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 765)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:23 am

O/U # of times the Astros get No-Hit This season - 2.5? I feel like the Over is a decent bet here.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 375)

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:11 am

bigh0rt wrote:O/U # of times the Astros get No-Hit This season - 2.5? I feel like the Over is a decent bet here.

I'll always just look up whoever is pitching against Houston when I need a spot start.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Ender » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:27 am

rjforlife wrote:It is really looking like a pitchers year so far, opening week of course, but top flight pitchers who didn't give up a run:

Samardzija
Kershaw
Felix
Strasburg
Verlander
Sale
Cain
Darvish
Bumgarner

Almost all won their games and the WHIPs were extremely low. I'm hoping Latos joins the gang tomorrow.....

There were tons of good pitchers who had bad games too. Seems like a normal year. When a good pitcher is on to start the year the hitters are behind and don't stand much chance. When a good pitcher doesn't quite have his good control yet they clobber him. Same as every April. April in general is random.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Ender » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:57 am

I'm going to take back my I would have taken Darvish out stance. I forgot that it was an extra long spring training and pitchers are more stretched out than normal. There were tons of guys who went 105 pitches in 6 innings and that is harder on the arm than 110 in 9 and watching the replay you could tell he was trying to save pitches in the 9th by just throwing it right down the middle and challenging them so they did hedge their bets a little bit by trying to save pitches.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby J35J » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:21 am

Ender wrote:I'm going to take back my I would have taken Darvish out stance. I forgot that it was an extra long spring training and pitchers are more stretched out than normal. There were tons of guys who went 105 pitches in 6 innings and that is harder on the arm than 110 in 9 and watching the replay you could tell he was trying to save pitches in the 9th by just throwing it right down the middle and challenging them so they did hedge their bets a little bit by trying to save pitches.

Yeah, he was pretty much on cruise control, don't think he had a single stressful inning.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers