Elvis Andrus signs long term deal with TEX - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Elvis Andrus signs long term deal with TEX

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Elvis Andrus signs long term deal with TEX

Postby kab21 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:17 am

blah, blah, blah.

If both became superstars nobody would complain. Profar certainly has more defensive value but Taveras should have a better bat. In a vacuum I would prefer to have Profar but the Rangers really need a big middle of the order bat.
Last edited by kab21 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 159)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Elvis Andrus signs long term deal with TEX

Postby hot4tx » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:54 am

The "Elvis is overrated in fantasy" is being overdone here to the point that those poo-pooing the contract are underrating Elvis. He is a 24 year old that's been top-40 in WAR each of the last two years. Elvis' contract would pay him an average of $13.1 million over the next 10 years. There are 56 players making more than that in 2013. The way team TV contracts are growning, in 5 years this will be even lower than that. If Elvis has no real growth in either power or OBP as he enters his prime, this is still a team-friendly contract. If he does show growth in either or both (which wouldn't surprise seeing his age and prospect pedigree) then this is a great contract.

Lump on top of that he is extremely fan-friendly and a great clubhouse guy. He took a home-town discount to sign this.

I love the Profar upside, but if Price would agree to a decent extension I'd definitely vote for the trade. Otherwise if Kinsler would okay it I'd love for him to fill the Michael Young role, playing 2B, SS, 1B, and OF. He told the team he didn't want to do that over the offseason but maybe they could extend him and change his mind.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers