Edwin Encarnacion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Edwin Encarnacion

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Edwin Encarnacion

Postby rjforlife » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:32 am

With the new guys coming to Toronto, I have to say I am loving Encarnacion this season. Here's a fun video to watch of his bombs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vVoqRPMOmk. Last season, he homered off of: Verlander, Price, Felix, Darvish(2), Lester, Anibal, Scherzer, Gallardo, Hughes, Kuroda, Milone(2),Hellboy. A repeat would be tough, but I think he's got the juice to be close. He's a guy I got in almost all of my leagues and is the guy I'm most excited about watching this season. Who's on the E5 bandwagon? I'm a full believer.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Edwin Encarnacion

Postby footballisbetter.com » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:57 am

I was very happy to land him in my points league auction tonight for $21. These points leagues seems to favor the power hitters, so I think I got a deal. ;-D
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby OBPlover » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:06 am

He's the Rodney Dangerfield of sluggers right now. Never fails to get drafted above his ADP in the leagues I'm in. I've also never seen him break 30.00 in a mixed league auction.

But I hope he proves his critics wrong. Though I don't have him in any leagues. GO JAYS GO
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 118)

Postby Izenhart » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:51 am

I'm aboard the E5 train. All he has to do is be a mediocre and the RBI will pile up for him. If he busts out another 40 bomb season, watch out 140+ RBI
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 294)

Postby Padsin05 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:09 am

It took Joey Bats 3 yrs to finally get his due, and now hes being OVERDRAFTED imo. I like being able to grab EE in the 5th like I did today, cause everyone is still thinking fluke.

Hes pretty much the same hitter as Bautista, but actually makes more contact, I see Joey hitting .250ish possibly, where I dont see EE dropping below .270

HRS, RBIS, SB should be about the same, BAutista might score more runs
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby jefferey13 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:11 am

I watched a bit of that video. Quite amazing to see all those back to back. He hits almost every HR in the same exact spot. However after watching the video I bet he's juicing. Some of those terrible off speed pitches just went too far. Same thing that Melky was doing.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Joe Mauer » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:17 am

I have been on the EE bandwagon for years now. In an auction league I got him two years ago for $1 prior to the season. Last year I kept him for $2. This year I had the option of keeping him at $12 and of course that was a no-brainer. I have believed in him for years. Go EE go!

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:29 am

Last year, i owned him in half my leagues. This year, zero. Not saying he is going to bust, but i didn't feel comfortable drafting him at my picks this season.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby West » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:05 pm

I can see some really good numbers from him but the big knock is the health so you have to factor that in when drafting him. My guess is he misses 20 games to injury somewhere along the way. Bit of a risk reward guy which is why you see his draft position lower on occasion. If he slips past 30 I'd be jumping on that. You can't get that kind of production at that point in the draft.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Return to Baseball Leftovers