A strange auction in a new league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

A strange auction in a new league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A strange auction in a new league

Postby br549 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:06 pm

10 teams. 6x6 roto. R, HR, RBI, OBP, SLG, Net SB on offense....QS, Net SV, K, ERA, OBA, K/BB. We can keep up to 8, with the amount of salary escalation dependent on their current salary.

3 teams missed the auction, so the bots obviously screwed with the bidding in a few instances.

Around the 155th pick, players routinely started going for $1, with only a few exceptions. I'm honestly not sure if that's entirely because of the people missing the draft, or people mistakenly using the default prices instead of adjusting for our league's settings, or what.

This is the first year of an auction keeper league, so a few of us made sure to grab some good prospects...but not as many as I thought. (Maybe I'm looking a little too far forward?)

C - Perez $4
1B - Goldschmidt $21
2B - Everth (2B/SS) $1
3B - Miggy $48
SS - Aybar $1
CI - Rizzo $14
MI - Seager (2B/3B) $2
LF - Cespedes (LF/CF) $26
CF - Adam Jones $23
RF - Heyward $25
UT - Freeman $13
Bench - Melky $4, Wil Myers $1, Adam Eaton $1

(active roster spots are SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P)
SP - Wainwright $21, Darvish $19, Smardzija $11, Haren $5, Cashner $4, Bailey $2, B. Anderson $1, Bundy $1, Beachy $1
RP - Hanrahan $2, Perkins $1

I'll have a couple free spots open up when I put Eaton and Beachy on the DL. Boggs managed to go undrafted, so he will be one of my pickups. Not sure what I'll do with the other spot yet, probably a Jansen-type of guy.

I think I ended up with a pretty decent lineup, despite spending a ton on Miggy....but this is the first time I've played in a 10-team league, so I really don't know how to judge this roster. So I could definitely use some feedback on this. Thanks.
br549 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team