Season Matchup Generator - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Season Matchup Generator

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Season Matchup Generator

Postby Tejan0 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:47 pm

I was wondering if there was a software program out there that can generate matchups for my dynasty league. Of course we are a 30team, 6 division league like in real life. I made a schedule last year by hand that took WEEKS to do that had 3 division matchups against your division opponents and then random matchups for other weeks. I dont mind if you have to pay for the program as I know its a LOT of work. I have googled and searched all over for something and just can find anything. I found a couple of good programs for football but only go up to 17weeks and I need to do 22weeks for baseball.

Would appreciate the help. Thanks.
MoneyBall Dynasty League
* 30 Real MLB teams
* Real Life Salaries
* Tiered Salary Cap
* Minor league system

Tejan0
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Season Matchup Generator

Postby bigmck » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:03 pm

Any schedule that you will find on the internet will not create what you want because you have five teams in a division. That is hard because one team is always playing outside of its division. That is the same problem that MLB had. Even their schedule is not a perfect round-robin.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)

Postby pvhawkeye » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:25 am

Do you still need help with this? I would be glad to help. Because you have the same teams, divisions etc as real life, my first thought would be to take a look at the real life schedule- how many games are played against each division opponent? How many times do you play against non-division same league opponents? How many interleague games per team, and against how many unique opponents?

But without even looking at the real life schedule, you need to establish your goals first. For example, minimum of 2 division matchups vs each division opponent. How random would you like the schedule to be (does it matter)? Let me know of all of your requirements if you're still looking to schedule it up.

Also if you could help with mine I'd greatly appreciate it. Dynasty commish in my first year for the dynasty: viewtopic.php?t=456762
pvhawkeye
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Tejan0 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:23 pm

pvhawkeye wrote:Do you still need help with this? I would be glad to help. Because you have the same teams, divisions etc as real life, my first thought would be to take a look at the real life schedule- how many games are played against each division opponent? How many times do you play against non-division same league opponents? How many interleague games per team, and against how many unique opponents?

But without even looking at the real life schedule, you need to establish your goals first. For example, minimum of 2 division matchups vs each division opponent. How random would you like the schedule to be (does it matter)? Let me know of all of your requirements if you're still looking to schedule it up.

Also if you could help with mine I'd greatly appreciate it. Dynasty commish in my first year for the dynasty: viewtopic.php?t=456762

So I just ended up doing my own schedule by hand. It is a PAIN, trust me as you would know if you even attempt to do it. In my league, each division plays each other 3 times. Once in the beginning, middle and end of year. Of course that leaves, 6 teams each week that cant play a division foe as there are 5 teams in each division. Thats where it gets tricky. Either way, this is how I ended up with my matchups. 3 division matchups, weeks 6-9 I did AL East vs AL Cen, NL East vs. NL Cen, and AL West vs NL West. Then week 15-17 I did AL East vs AL West, NL East vs NL West, and AL Cen vs NL Cen. Weeks 1-5, 10-14- and 18-22 are division matchups except for 3 games which are random matchups of the left overs. So no one plays each other more than once unless they are division rivals. I did a similar variation last year, so I mixed it up a bit this year. I will post both schedules here later when I am done posting them. Just a thanks is necessary if you use my schedule. Thanks.
MoneyBall Dynasty League
* 30 Real MLB teams
* Real Life Salaries
* Tiered Salary Cap
* Minor league system

Tejan0
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Commissioner's Corner