YAHOO! StatTracker FREE? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

YAHOO! StatTracker FREE?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: YAHOO! StatTracker FREE?

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:22 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
the izzy wrote:
Old_Style wrote:I heard that StatTracker is only $10. Not sure if this is true. Can somebody verify?


I heard that some people were paying $10 for something that other people are getting for free.


switch to ESPN, better quality site overall and free fantasycast all year...and you can switch from team to team in the window itself... don't know yahoo has switched it but used to be that if you bought it for one league you could only use it for that league not for any other league...

Two things...

1) Solid advice telling someone to switch servers on April 30th. That shouldn't screw things up in their league at all.

2) Your entire point about StatTracker is completely false.

FAIL
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 347)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: YAHOO! StatTracker FREE?

Postby Padsin05 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:43 pm

I know its true if you buy stattracker you get it for all your teams.

But can anyone comfirm that if you are in a +league where stattracker is included that the same is true? Last Time I used Yahoo was 2006 and I know it wasnt the case back then
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1540
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: YAHOO! StatTracker FREE?

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 pm

Padsin05 wrote:I know its true if you buy stattracker you get it for all your teams.

But can anyone comfirm that if you are in a +league where stattracker is included that the same is true? Last Time I used Yahoo was 2006 and I know it wasnt the case back then

If you are in any Plus league, you have free StatTracker in every league, Plus or otherwise. This has been true for no less than three seasons now. Consider it confirmed.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 347)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: YAHOO! StatTracker FREE?

Postby mac-unit » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:04 pm

We upgraded our 20 teamer to plus right before the year. We all got stat tracker(+the other stuff it offers) for $6.50 a person,. Worth it if you ask me. I also play daily leagues, if it were weekly I don't know about it.
Image
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1059
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Re: YAHOO! StatTracker FREE?

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:55 pm

Chicago RedSox wrote:If you use Firefox, you can install Greasemonkey https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
and then get the Freebie Stats Plugin http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/46242

Visually, it's rough, but functional for 5x5 leagues.


i want to know if im doing something wrong because its not working for me.
i have the monkey enabled. i went to that link. i clicked instal and it said it intalled. right click the monkey and it says check mark beside "Yahoo Fantasy Baseball" ..but on MY TEAM page i still have on the right hand side what it usually says Get StatTracker with no scoring numbers.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: YAHOO! StatTracker FREE?

Postby the izzy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:still have on the right hand side what it usually says Get StatTracker with no scoring numbers.


Check the green tabs across the top of your page. "League", "My Team", "Matchup", etc... the last one should say, "Show Freebie Stats" instead of "Get StatTracker".
the izzy
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 292
Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: YAHOO! StatTracker FREE?

Postby drunkmonkey » Fri May 01, 2009 9:49 am

StatTracker should be free next year. Otherwise, Yahoo's going to lose a lot of users. Is anyone else still charging for live stats?
drunkmonkey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Pick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 606
Joined: 31 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: YAHOO! StatTracker FREE?

Postby Yanks_Baby » Fri May 01, 2009 9:51 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Padsin05 wrote:I know its true if you buy stattracker you get it for all your teams.

But can anyone comfirm that if you are in a +league where stattracker is included that the same is true? Last Time I used Yahoo was 2006 and I know it wasnt the case back then

If you are in any Plus league, you have free StatTracker in every league, Plus or otherwise. This has been true for no less than three seasons now. Consider it confirmed.

Which is why the Y! Experts free Plus leagues are so awesome. Free stattracker for me! :-B
Image
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1704
Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: YAHOO! StatTracker FREE?

Postby Chicago RedSox » Fri May 01, 2009 12:51 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:
Chicago RedSox wrote:If you use Firefox, you can install Greasemonkey https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
and then get the Freebie Stats Plugin http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/46242

Visually, it's rough, but functional for 5x5 leagues.


i want to know if im doing something wrong because its not working for me.
i have the monkey enabled. i went to that link. i clicked instal and it said it intalled. right click the monkey and it says check mark beside "Yahoo Fantasy Baseball" ..but on MY TEAM page i still have on the right hand side what it usually says Get StatTracker with no scoring numbers.


Whenever you install a script, you have to close Firefox and reopen it....forgot to mention that, sorry. Is it still not working?
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1436
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: SanDiego

Re: YAHOO! StatTracker FREE?

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri May 01, 2009 1:22 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:StatTracker should be free next year. Otherwise, Yahoo's going to lose a lot of users. Is anyone else still charging for live stats?


people say this every year and they still put out the best product in my eyes.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact