Question about software at live auction???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Question about software at live auction????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question about software at live auction????

Postby jmitchell1985 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:29 pm

We have a big debate in our league about whether or not to allow teams to use the auction software at our live auction.

We have people fly in from around the country to our live auction and some teams have a major issue with other teams using the software that basically manages the auction, but suggusting players and even recalculating dollars values throughout the auction.

Question for guys that have live auction, do you allow the software or not? Do you have any rules for or against the software?

Thanks
jmitchell1985
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Question about software at live auction????

Postby bigmck » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:19 pm

For 17 years in one league we had a rule that you could use your computer but it had to be only a spreadsheet, no salary computation software like you are referring to. All new guys were told of the rule and everyone was on their "honor". There was talk that certain guys were using it. We did away with the rule and the first year, I took my computer and got some software. I don't think it helped. == If you know the guys and everyone agrees to it, you can only have everyone be "on their honor". There isn't anyway to enforce it.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner