What does this newbie need to do after his first draft? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What does this newbie need to do after his first draft?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What does this newbie need to do after his first draft?

Postby CT Wahoo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:05 pm

My first time playing fantasy baseball. 14 team league. 6X6 format (BA, HR, RBI, R, SB (net), Total Bases -- W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, SV, Holds). 17 starters, 6 bench, 2 DL. Must start 4SP, 2RP, 1 additional P (SP or RP), 1 at each IF position, 1 additional IF, 3 OF, 1 additional utility at any position. H2H league with daily lineup changes. Drafted from the 7 spot.

SP - Strasburg (2), C. Lee (3), Fister (8), Peavy (10), H. Bailey (13), W. Rodriguez (20)
RP - C Janssen (14), Perkins (15), Fujikawa (19), McGee (waiver)

C - Mauer (5), Doumit (22)
1B - Pujols (1), Cuddyer (17)
2B - Altuve (7)
3B - Seager (12)
SS - Rollins (6), Rutledge (18)
OF - Cespedes (4), Victorino (9), De Aza (11), Crisp (16), Pierre (23)

I also drafted A Rod in the 21st round and stashed him on my DL.

Very interested to get opinions on my team and, specifically, is there a particular area where I could be in trouble? I read up more on the players I took and it seems like I have a lot of guys that hit early in the order, so am I too heavy on runs and stolen bases and too light on HR and RBI? Did I overdo it or underdo it at one or more positions? What type of additions/subtractions via trades (or waivers, though the pickings are rather slim) would you suggest to improve the roster?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to my first season.
CT Wahoo
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What does this newbie need to do after his first draft?

Postby vohnie » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:44 pm

Hey, I'm a newb as well, so I can't tell you what to do next but I can give you some thoughts ;-D I think the team looks pretty balanced, but you could look for boosts in power and relief pitching. Giancarlo Stanton and Jason Heyward are both in deep slumps, so you may be able to trade low for them. Also, Starting pitching is really deep this year with Shelby Miller, Jose Fernandez, Tehran, Tony Cingrani, Maholm, Ross Detwiler, and Hyun-Jin Ryu all kicking butt right now. You may be able to let Cliff Lee go with the right returns to boost your offense and Relief pitching. Keep an eye on potential closer prospects on the waiver as well. I'd say Kelvin Herrera, but he had a rough night unfortunately, so his progress has been stalled. I heard Mujica is going to get a shot closing in St. Louis though, after that should be Rosenthal. Hope that helps!
vohnie
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team