Would love some feedback on this team! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Would love some feedback on this team!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Would love some feedback on this team!

Postby The_Idiot » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:19 pm

ESPN Top 150 players were selected via an Auction draft. I came away with 10 players and then the rest were selected via a snake draft. Maybe the sickest outfield ever assembled , but I neglected pitching pretty badly . Should I look to move a top OF quickly for some pitching help?

10 Team 5x5 Roto Re-draft

C Carlos Ruiz, PHI
C Wilson Ramos, WAS
1B Todd Frazier, CIN
2B Jason Kipnis , CLE
3B Ryan Zimmerman , WAS
SS Alcides Escobar, KC
2B/SS Chase Utley , PHI
1B/3B Kyle Seager , SEA
OF Mike Trout , LAA
OF Matt Kemp , LAD
OF Andrew McCutchen , PIT
OF Josh Hamilton, LAA
UTIL Jacoby Ellsbury , BOS (OF)
UTIL Hunter Pence, SF (OF)

P Alex Cobb
P Homer Bailey
P Andrew Cashner
P Ryan Vogelsong
P Tom Wilhelmsen , SEA
P Joel Peralta , TB
P Brandon League, LAD
P Mitchell Boggs, STL
P David Hernandez, ARZ

BE Jean Segura (SS)
BE Andrelton Simmons (SS)
BE Josh Reddick (OF)
BE Wil Myers (OF)
BE Yonder Alonso (1B)
Go OoooooOOOOoooooo'ssssss
Here we Go Steelers!!!
The_Idiot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Would love some feedback on this team!

Postby jefferey13 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:38 pm

I'd maybe see if you can go straight up Hamilton for Price and then bring reddick up.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Would love some feedback on this team!

Postby aerrico » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Yeah I think your backup outfielders are really good so I'm not sure that you need to have 4 of the top 15 or so. As the above poster said, Reddick is perfectly startable in this league format so trading one of our "big 4" is certainly an option.

I'd actually be more comfortable trading McCutch than Hamilton as I think Cutch comes in to this year a bit overrated and a lot of his value is built into stolen bases, which you have covered pretty thoroughly throughout the offense. Hamilton is still the biggest RBI guy you have on your entire team, so I don't know if I'd want to get rid of him. Also, I think Cutch will get you more back so you might be able to get a starting pitcher as well as a startable offensive player at one of your weaker positions such as C or SS.

Otherwise this is a pretty sick team that has a ton of offensive potential. The pitching is definitely a noticeable weakness but there should be a lot available throughout the year in a ten team league, so I like that you built your offense so strong. If you're able to pull the trigger on a trade that yields an offensive player and a mid-level ace such as a Sabathia, I think your team should be set to make a run at first.

Here's a team that I recently drafted:
posting.php?mode=reply&f=29&t=457319
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

The challenge may be getting equal value in a trade

Postby CT Wahoo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:28 pm

I would think that you could trade any one of your starting OF and you would still have the best OF and overall offense in your league. So, the decision to swap out some of your bountiful offense to make your team more competitive on the pitching front would seem to be an easy call. However, given that you have three OF that are in just about everybody's overall Top 10, you wouldn't be getting fair value in a 1 for 1 trade unless it was either Verlander or Kershaw coming back to you.

I have Hamilton valued lower than the other three, so if it was me, I would probably try to move him for the likes of Hernandez, Lee, Hamels or Cain. Alternatively, you could try and move one of your big 3 OF for two SPs. For instance, you could move McCutchen for a tandem of Chris Sale and Doug Fister or something along those lines. As loaded as you are in the OF, there has to be someone in the league that is hurting for offense and has pitching to spare.

I've also created a thread looking for feedback on my team. Would appreciate it any input.
CT Wahoo
T-Ball Trainer

Re: The challenge may be getting equal value in a trade

Postby jefferey13 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:50 pm

CT Wahoo wrote:
I have Hamilton valued lower than the other three, so if it was me, I would probably try to move him for the likes of Hernandez, Lee, Hamels or Cain. Alternatively, you could try and move one of your big 3 OF for two SPs. For instance, you could move McCutchen for a tandem of Chris Sale and Doug Fister or something along those lines.

I'd be careful with this. I would only trade Hamilton for Felix, not for any of the other three. Also I think McCutchen for Chris Sale and Fister or something similar would be a horrible trade for you.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team