ESPN league question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ESPN league question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ESPN league question

Postby haymarket » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:58 pm

Going to set up an ESPN league and come to question of number of teams for a Roto league. We arent sure exactly how many we will have. If you put 20 and 12 teams show up will the draft still go as scheduled or would you have to wait until you had 20? I know Yahoo just asks for the Max amount of teams. Hope my question is clear. Thanks
Image
haymarket
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 258
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Nebraska

Re: ESPN league question

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:27 pm

haymarket wrote:Going to set up an ESPN league and come to question of number of teams for a Roto league. We arent sure exactly how many we will have. If you put 20 and 12 teams show up will the draft still go as scheduled or would you have to wait until you had 20? I know Yahoo just asks for the Max amount of teams. Hope my question is clear. Thanks


I think the league has to be full or the draft will get postponed automatically, but you can always just change it to how many you have before the draft.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14140
(Past Year: 429)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: ESPN league question

Postby haymarket » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Ok another question. When we drafted our commish had a DH in the lineup. I guess to ESPN the DH is an actual DH. Think David Ortiz. We wanted that spot to be able to be any hitter. So, our commish wipes out our live draft, changes the DH to Util and manually puts the rosters back in. Now David Ortiz isn't in the player pool. This is a problem. I'm not the commish but thats what he says happened. Any way around this?
Image
haymarket
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 258
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Nebraska

Re: ESPN league question

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:23 pm

David ortiz should be in the player pool, available as Utility, unless you don't use a Utility position (which you said your commish changed it to...)

He should certainly be available. My league doesn't use DH, and Papi was drafted and is currently sitting in a team's Util spot as I type this.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 351)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: ESPN league question

Postby haymarket » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:34 pm

bigh0rt wrote:David ortiz should be in the player pool, available as Utility, unless you don't use a Utility position (which you said your commish changed it to...)

He should certainly be available. My league doesn't use DH, and Papi was drafted and is currently sitting in a team's Util spot as I type this.


Ok, he has changed it to Util. He has reloaded some rosters until he came to the team that drafted Ortiz. I clicked on the Players tab, changed the Availability tab to ALL and searched by Ortiz. 4 guys came up. None named David. Wish there was an ESPN Fantasy Sports Genie here at the cafe
Image
haymarket
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 258
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Nebraska

Re: ESPN league question

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:50 pm

haymarket wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:David ortiz should be in the player pool, available as Utility, unless you don't use a Utility position (which you said your commish changed it to...)

He should certainly be available. My league doesn't use DH, and Papi was drafted and is currently sitting in a team's Util spot as I type this.


Ok, he has changed it to Util. He has reloaded some rosters until he came to the team that drafted Ortiz. I clicked on the Players tab, changed the Availability tab to ALL and searched by Ortiz. 4 guys came up. None named David. Wish there was an ESPN Fantasy Sports Genie here at the cafe

Does he show up when you use the top right 'Find a Player' search field??
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 351)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: ESPN league question

Postby haymarket » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:51 pm

We got it figured out. We had to add a DH in the lineup settings but set the amount for that position as 0. Thanks for your help
Image
haymarket
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 258
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Nebraska


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GRIN, TheTrith and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Pittsburgh
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact