RP- Greg Holland
RP- Jason Grilli
P- Kyuji Fujikawa
P- Jake Peavy
P- Jon Niese
P- Marco Estrada

B- Shelby Miller
B- Mike Fiers

I gambled by taking Zobrist in the 5th over guys like Bumgarner/Sabathia/Sale so I wound up having to settle for Shields as my #1 in the 7th. Besides not having a real reliable ace starter, I'm pretty content with this team. Closers went crazy fast...I was hoping to grab a 3rd but saw Cishek/League/Parnell go three consecutive picks ahead of me at one point as the last closers not named Marmol or Veras. I'll have to play the WW to make up ground there.

Thoughts on my first Yahoo pro team?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: $100 Yahoo Pro League...WHIR

Postby aerrico » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:14 am

I REALLY like the power upside on this team. If Lawrie can bounce back a bit after his DL stint to start the season, you have every single thing you need offensively to compete in all categories. I love the bench guys that you have, particularly Teix and Morales as I think both of these guys could end up being severely underrated. Obviously there is speculation that Teix could be done for the season if he gets surgery, but if not you bought yourself a very cheap 25-30 HRs and you can never go wrong with that. Marte and Aoki are nice high upside guys to round out your team. I think that this team's success really depends on what you get out of Napoli and Lawrie. If Napoli is able to get ABs (which he should be able to as he's playing 1B and not C for Boston) and Lawrie is able to give you at least what he gave you last year (15/15 with decent BA), you're looking at a very balanced team with extremely solid power. Your weaknesses are starting pitching and stolen bases, but that is usually the sign of a well-drafted team, as your power numbers are going to be really solid. I think Bautista regains form this year and has a monster year, so I like him as your number 1 OF and Holliday is underrated this year so he's really solid as your number 2. Lastly, absolutely love the pitchers that you drafted late: Estrada, Miller, and Fiers could all have solid years this year and you may end up with a really solid staff (regardless of not having a true fantasy ace).

Can't find a whole lot that I dislike that you didn't already say yourself, but keep your eyes peeled and you should be able to find another starter on the WW. Also, you're probably going to have to jump the gun once or twice once a closing situation opens up a guy on the WW, but that's a much better situation than overspending on closers, so good job there.

Here's a team that I drafted last night; Looking for thoughts and advice.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=457319&p=3596675#p3596675

Last bumped by BronXBombers51 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:14 am.
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team