Rate My 3 Teams Please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate My 3 Teams Please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate My 3 Teams Please

Postby BustinLikePosey » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Team 1 (10 Team, H2H Points)
OFFENSE: C - M. Montero; 1B - Freeman; 2B - Pedroia; 3B - Beltre; SS - Desmond; 2B/SS - Rutledge; 1B/3B - Rizzo; OF - Heyward, Choo, Cruz, Hunter, Swisher; UTIL - Morneau; BENCH - Moss, Carpenter
PITCHING: SP - Kershaw, Wainwright, Scherzer, Lester, Lynn, Harvey, Cobb, Estrada, Buchholz, Porcello, Marcum; RP - Johnson, Reed, Perez

Team 2 (16 Team, H2H Categories)
OFFENSE: C- Perez; 1B - Pujols; 2B - Pedroia; 3B - Sandoval; SS - Aybar; IF - Berkman; OF - Jennings, Choo, Pence; UTIL - Werth; BENCH - Eaton
PITCHING: SP - Lee, Morrow, Lynn, Estrada, Buchholz, Beckett, Ryu; RP - Uehara, Dotel, O'Flaherty (league counts holds)

Team 3 (10 Team, Roto)
OFFENSE: C - Perez; 1B - Freeman; 2B - Pedroia; 3B - Zimmerman; SS - Reyes; 2B/SS - Rutledge; 1B/3B - Moustakas; OF - Holliday, Cruz, Gardner, Hunter, Marte; UTIL - Middlebrooks; BENCH - Eaton, Belt, Ruggiano
PITCHING: SP - Kershaw, Price, Wainwright, Peavy, Minor, Cobb, Estrada; RP - Soriano, Johnson, Balfour

I feel like I can contend with every team, but I'm not quite sure what my weaknesses are
BustinLikePosey
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate My 3 Teams Please

Postby BustinLikePosey » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:47 pm

any advice?
BustinLikePosey
T-Ball Trainer

Postby aerrico » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:28 am

You didn't give a whole lot of info as far as which categories were counted in your roto and H2H categories leagues. I'm not going to evaluate the points league team because those leagues usually count pitchers particularly well and I always have a hard time judging teams in those leagues, so I don't want to give any bad advice there.

The second team you posted is a REALLY solid team in a 16 team league. You have a ton of power, you have decent speed-power combo guys, and I like some of the bounceback and high-upside guys that you drafted such as Werth and Berkman. Your weakness as far as your offense is concerned is definitely your outfield, but in a 16 team league there isn't going to be nearly as much depth there, so I think that's okay. The pitching is definitely solid for a league this deep and I like Lee and Morrow anchoring your rotation. Estrada is also a nice 4th starter in a league this deep. The only guy I'm not so sure about is Beckett, but as a fifth starter he's not a terrible option to take a flier on going back to the National League and a bit of a better park. All in all, I think this team can definitely compete.

The third team you posted, I have a bit more criticism. I am not a fan of how pitching-heavy you went, and this team resembles more what your points team looks like, which again probably values pitching a bit more than a roto league would. You also seemed to pay for saves a bit, which probably wasn't necessary. I would definitely try to package some pitching and go after an outfielder, which is a real weakness on this team for a 10-team league. 1B is also a weakness, as Freeman is only a borderline starter at the position for a 10-team league. These are the two offensive positions that I would try to target in the trade market, maybe moving Price or Wainwright in a package to go get a slugger at one of these spots. I do like the guys that you got late, such as Minor and Estrada, and think that your staff can be REALLY strong even if you lose Price or Wainwright to improve the offense.

Here's a team that I drafted last night and am looking for some insight on:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=457319&p=3596675#p3596675
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 56)

Postby BustinLikePosey » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:18 am

I feel pretty confident in my first team, I'm really familiar with points leagues, and I actually designed the scoring settings for this league.
The 16 team league is 6x6 with K's counting against batters, and holds for pitchers.
The 3rd team is a 5x5 roto league, which are not my forte, with OBP instead of AVG.

I'm for sure most worried about the 3rd team, and I'm not sure why, but I'm really high on Freeman this year and have faith in him putting up good numbers. I was def considering trading Price for a solid OF, just gotta figure out who I should target and who needs a pitcher. My strategy for this draft kinda went to shit, it was my first auction draft ever, and my plan was 3 solid pitchers and then to go heavy on closers so my ratios would stay low, but I ended up getting outbid and having to pay too much on some players I wanted. I liked the tail end of my draft though. I'd really like to move Middlebrooks as well, but I don't think people want him; he only went for a dollar.

I'm thinking about dropping Eaton for Quentin or some other solid OF bat on the waiver wire, but I'm hoping he becomes DL eligible soon so I don't have to drop him. I'm also considering adding Pena somehow since it's OBP instead of AVG. Michael Young and Alexie Ramirez are also available on the waiver wire.
The main thing I def fucked up on for this draft, is not considering how there's no season acquisition limit, so I could've streamed pitchers all year. Real dumb on my part.
BustinLikePosey
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team