Really need feedback - rate my team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Really need feedback - rate my team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Really need feedback - rate my team

Postby tjoy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Where do I need help, who can be dropped?

10 team Yahoo HtoH league, standard scoring
C - Victor Martinez
1B - Adrian Gonzalez
2B - Jason Kipnis
3B - Evan Longoria
SS - Alexei Ramirez
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Jose Bautista
OF - Michael Bourn
Util - Ryan Howard
Util - Adam Laroche
Bn - Hanley Ramirez

SP - Jared Weaver
SP - Chris Sale
SP - Ian Kennedy
SP - James McDonald
SP - Josh Johnson
SP - Jarrod Parker
RP - Jason Motte
RP - Joel Hanrahan
Bn - Trevor Cahill
Bn - Jeremy Hellickson
Bn - Jason Hammel
Bn - AJ Burnett
tjoy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Really need feedback - rate my team

Postby tjoy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:54 pm

...bump
tjoy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BigDix33 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:52 pm

I like this team a lot. Granted I am a bit drunk right now so my judgement may be clouded, but I like what you have. You have good balance on offense. You may need a little more speed to compete in SB's but Trout and Bourn will do pretty well for you there. I think you'll have pretty good power if Howard rebounds as well. You have some awesome SP at the top there. Your secondary pitchers will do pretty well too. Johnson has looked good this spring so you might be real strong there. I take it you tanked SV's on purpose? I don't blame you I'd you did. I think you'll compete well and have a good shot once the playoffs come around. Once there it's anyone's game.
BigDix33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby shoelessjoetara » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:03 am

I agree with the above poster. A 10 team league is harder to judge how good you are because probably all the teams are stacked. Like your team a lot. Try to find a closer or two during the season to offset the lack of SB a little. Not saying you wont have stolen bases but every point is valuable. Please rate my team

viewtopic.php?t=457255
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby aerrico » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:03 am

This is a very shallow league in terms of how many starters there are, so as the above posters said almost all the teams are probably stacked. That being said, I LOVE this team. The offense is nearly flawless as you have power at every single position once Hanley Ramirez returns (also Alexi is pretty good himself and I like him to build on his 2012 second half). The pitching is good enough to compete in my opinion, and I really like that you balanced your top two starters in the categories they are good at (Weaver's wins and ratios will balance out nicely with Sale's high Ks).

My concerns with this team would be the depth of the starting rotation and the stolen bases as your almost all of your steals are locked up in two guys (Trout and Bourn). If either of these guys gets hurt, you could be in some big trouble there. That being said, I think that these are the weaknesses that most good teams have, as you have to build your team with power. There will be PLENTY of pitching available in a ten team league that's this shallow, so definitely keep your eyes peeled and consider streaming until you find someone serviceable.

All in all, this team looks good to me though.

Here's a team I drafted last night:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=457319&p=3596675#p3596675
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team