P - C.J. Wilson
P - Kyle Lohse

What do you guys think of the team?
Waaever
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: First Post! Rate my team plz

Postby tjoy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:02 pm

You have some injury issues with Headley and Granderson. Doesn't look lik eyou have anyone to cover Granderson. Lots of infielders on bench.
tjoy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ldickersonc » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:09 pm

I like this team, very strong in the infield, and at the weaker positions like 2nd and 3rd. Headley will be back when it matters, at the end of the season. Pitching may be a struggle, you should be able to manage your way through the season, pay attention to the wire to fill in the gaps.
ldickersonc
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Waaever » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Thanks for the advices!

What do you guys think of this trade?
Swisher + Espinosa for Beltran + Alfonso Soriano?

I think this will strengthen my OF while clearing out some infielders in the bench
Waaever
T-Ball Trainer

Postby tjoy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Based on your team, I think I would take that trade. definitely an upgrade with Beltran. But I'm not crazy about Soriano.
tjoy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby aerrico » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:51 pm

For such a shallow league, it is curious why your outfield / starting pitching (or at least one of them) isn't a bit stronger. The infield is incredibly strong obviously, but the team lacks some speed because you don't have any serviceable outfielders. I think that the Beltran trade may be one worth taking on this team, even though I definitely believe in Swisher this year. I think Dickey is perfectly fine as your number one starter in a 12 team league, but Kuroda as a number 2 is definitely iffy. I'm not high on him this year and I don't think anyone would be comfortable having him as their number 2 starter. I also think you drafted WAY too many hitters in such a shallow league and that you probably should have drafted another starter and another bullpen guy.

That being said, I like Alexi, Scutaro, and Infante as backup middle infielders, but why so many of the same position? I like Headley and Granderson to produce once they come back, so if this team is able to produce until May, I think the offense can definitely produce top-3 category numbers outside of SB. The pitching is definitely something of a concern though. While I always go with an offense-first approach, this pitching is just a bit too weak for me to be happy with if it's my team.

Here's a team that I drafted last night that I'm looking for opinions on:
viewtopic.php?t=457319
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby aerrico » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:51 pm

For such a shallow league, it is curious why your outfield / starting pitching (or at least one of them) isn't a bit stronger. The infield is incredibly strong obviously, but the team lacks some speed because you don't have any serviceable outfielders. I think that the Beltran trade may be one worth taking on this team, even though I definitely believe in Swisher this year. I think Dickey is perfectly fine as your number one starter in a 12 team league, but Kuroda as a number 2 is definitely iffy. I'm not high on him this year and I don't think anyone would be comfortable having him as their number 2 starter. I also think you drafted WAY too many hitters in such a shallow league and that you probably should have drafted another starter and another bullpen guy.

That being said, I like Alexi, Scutaro, and Infante as backup middle infielders, but why so many of the same position? I like Headley and Granderson to produce once they come back, so if this team is able to produce until May, I think the offense can definitely produce top-3 category numbers outside of SB. The pitching is definitely something of a concern though. While I always go with an offense-first approach, this pitching is just a bit too weak for me to be happy with if it's my team.

Here's a team that I drafted last night that I'm looking for opinions on:
viewtopic.php?t=457319
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team