RP - Sergio Romo
RP - Kenley Jansen
P - Ernesto Frieri
P - Lance Lynn
P - Jeff Samardzija
BN - Dan Haren
BN - Jose Valverde

Categories: R HR RBI SB AVG OPS W L SV K ERA WHIP

Jones and Ross make up a great OF or Util with their L/R splits and I'd like to play them, but Hosmer was available through the 14th round so I felt obligated to grab him. I'm wondering what to do with them.. My SS situation is a head scratcher. My buddy has Jose Reyes and Jordan Zimmerman, what do y'all think about me trading Votto away for that? Hosmer in 1B, drop Segura. The league is in Yahoo! so we're adding a NA spot on our rosters, which is why Valverde is on the team. Thinking about dropping him for Teixeira, who is just sitting on FA. Thanks, y'all. Link me to your teams and let me give my 2-cents.
dillonlockwood
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12-team, mixed

Postby dillonlockwood » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:42 pm

Oh, and it's H2H.
dillonlockwood
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby cforester » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:00 pm

I have to agree that I'm not very impressed with your SS situation but I also don't know if I would trade Votto to fix it. You should get enough production out of the rest of your lineup that hopefully it makes up for the potential lack of production from your SS. Votto for Reyes and Zimmerman seems like a little bit too much (keep in mind that i'm not sold on Zimm).

As far a pitching goes, I think you did good for yourself and holding Valverde in the NA spot is a great move.

Overall I think you should be happy.
cforester
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dillonlockwood » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Just realized that Brian Wilson is available. I can throw him in NA and Teixeira in DL. That gives me Votto, Hosmer, and Teixeira at 1B. I'd like a solid SS and another Wainwright-esque SP. Hmm... maybe Simmons can bring it together. I just don't trust Haren to round out my staff.
dillonlockwood
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sra9888 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:05 pm

I probably wouldnt trade Votto either. There's plenty of SS talent a step down from Reyes that you could acquire cheeper. A guy like Prado, Alcides Escobar, Marco Scutaro, etc. Otherwise nice roster. Really like the V-Mar pickup. Should be a strong team.
sra9888
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 2)

Postby aerrico » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:19 pm

I think this team will definitely be highly competitive. My only gripe would be that your offense is just a little bit weak, particularly in the outfield. I personally would have structured my team around two high-end pitchers instead of three, and sprung for a speed-power combo outfielder. That being said, your other positions are really strong for a 12 team league other than SS, which was already addressed by other posters. I think that SS is a position that can probably be filled when someone comes up on the wire. If Josh Rutledge is somehow available in your league, I would pick him up over Simmons, for example. Utley could certainly bounce back and provide decent production in a 12 team league at 2B. Definitely like all the other infield spots, including having Hosmer at the UTIL. I would not even consider trading Votto; if you're going to trade a star player, trade pitching to improve the offense, not offense for offense. I like Dan Haren at the back of the staff as I think he can bounce back and could potentially win 13-15 games in Washington. Lastly, the bullpen looks solid; like the high-K relievers (Jansen and Frieri in particular)
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team