Last Draft of this year! GO Ahead And be Brutal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Last Draft of this year! GO Ahead And be Brutal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Last Draft of this year! GO Ahead And be Brutal

Postby eatyun » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:44 am

16 Team H2H League 8-13 keepers plus 3 minor league keepers (also with new FA Spot rule our commisioner added 3 FA spots)

Ps. one thing ull notice is no top of the line fantasy players but all decent players) also i competed last year made the playoffs. but now i feel im im caught in between contending and rebuilding

C.Yadier Molina
1b.Nick Swisher
2b.Aaron Hill
3b.Trevor Plouffe (basically the last 3b avaible :-{)
SS.Josh Rutledge
CI.Matt Adams
MI.Dustin Ackley
OF.Josh Willingham
OF.Jason Kubel
OF.Michael Morse
OF.Torii Hunter
UTIL Adam Lind or Colby Rasmus
DL.Adam Eaton

SP.Mike Minor
SP.Hirodi Kuroda
RP.Rafeal Betancourt
RP.Mike Adams
P.Shelby Miller
P.Hyun-Jin-Ryu
P.Edwin Jackson
P.Paul Malhom
Bn Mike montgomery. (one of my minor league keepers from last year no room on fa)

FA.Darin Ruf
FA.Mike Olt
FA.Oswaldo Arcia
FA.Michael Wacha
eatyun
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 389)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Last Draft of this year! GO Ahead And be Brutal

Postby aerrico » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:18 am

I think even for a 16 team league, the offense is a little bit weak. Yadier and Aaron Hill are the bright spots, Josh Rutledge could definitely way out perform what you probably paid for him, and Swisher is underrated as usual. That being said, there just isn't enough power in this lineup and you have no real outfield talent.

As far as the pitching goes, I like some of the back-end guys in your rotation like Shelby Miller and Edwin Jackson, but am not a huge fan of your top two guys. I think Kuroda could take a serious step back this year, as a lot of his value is predicated on him winning 10+ games, and the Yankees just are not the same team this year as they were last year. Minor is decent, but far from a fantasy ace. Also, it just doesn't seem like you have enough Ks to really stay competitive there.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh because 16 teams is a very deep league, but the lack of even just one fantasy star is a bit difficult to go forward with. Also the lack of outfield talent will probably hold you back.
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 56)

Postby eatyun » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:59 pm

aerrico wrote:I think even for a 16 team league, the offense is a little bit weak. Yadier and Aaron Hill are the bright spots, Josh Rutledge could definitely way out perform what you probably paid for him, and Swisher is underrated as usual. That being said, there just isn't enough power in this lineup and you have no real outfield talent.

As far as the pitching goes, I like some of the back-end guys in your rotation like Shelby Miller and Edwin Jackson, but am not a huge fan of your top two guys. I think Kuroda could take a serious step back this year, as a lot of his value is predicated on him winning 10+ games, and the Yankees just are not the same team this year as they were last year. Minor is decent, but far from a fantasy ace. Also, it just doesn't seem like you have enough Ks to really stay competitive there.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh because 16 teams is a very deep league, but the lack of even just one fantasy star is a bit difficult to go forward with. Also the lack of outfield talent will probably hold you back.

I Totally see what your saying here and those are some stuff im gonna have to work on last year Working the Wire helped propel me into the playoffs and im hopin i can pick up some of that stuff again this year When i drafted i tryed to go younger that has alot of potential Like Rutledge.Matt adams and so on Im Hoping Shelby Miller will be My Ace in a year or 2 and The rays are pretty good at turning around pitchers so maybe They could help Mike Montgomery who was a top pitching prospect a few years ago
eatyun
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 389)

Postby aerrico » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:35 pm

Yeah considering this is a dynasty league, I definitely like some of the players you have moving forward, just not necessarily for this year. I 100 percent agree with the analysis that you are in between rebuilding and competing, and I think you kind of need to decide where you want to go with it. In a 16-team dynasty league, you can probably get some talent for this year by trading your younger players (maybe trade some young pitching for OF bats) OR you can try to trade some of the talent you have this year (Molina, Swisher) for younger players that will develop around the same time that guys like Rutledge, Bundy, etc. will start to produce at a high level.

Looking for analysis on my team, just drafted last night

viewtopic.php?t=457319
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 56)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team