16 Team H2H points. WHIR. First post - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

16 Team H2H points. WHIR. First post

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

16 Team H2H points. WHIR. First post

Postby RedBarchetta420 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:20 pm

This is my first post on the cafe. I have been reading the forums some time so i figured I would finally sign up and join in all the fun. This is a 16 team h2h points league on espn with weekly lineups and pretty balanced scoring (maybe a slight favorite to Sp). I drafted with the 14th pick and I feel like I got a decent team. I think my starters are a little weak but i made up for it with starters in my rp slot. Im thinking of trading for a catcher but i feel someone will drop one because everyone drafted 2 catchers for some reason so maybe I will wait it out if I can't reach a fair deal. Any input would be appreciated and I will gladly look at your team and chime in after.

Batting

C - AJ Ellis
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Jose Altuve
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Josh Rutledge
2B/SS - Jedd Gyorko
1B/3b - Adam Laroche
OF - Carlos Gonzalez
OF - Alex Gordon
OF - Nick Swisher
OF - Domonic Brown
UT - Brandon Belt
BE - Starling Marte
BE - Adam Eaton

Pitching

SP - Zack Greinke
SP - Ian Kennedy
SP - Jon Niese
Sp - Matt Harvey
P - Homer Bailey
RP - Kris Medlen
RP - Hisashi Iwakuma
BE - Julio Teheran
BE - Andrew Cashner (mainly for rp eligibility if he gots rotation spot)

Thx in advance. Be gentle as this is my first points league.
RedBarchetta420
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 16 Team H2H points. WHIR. First post

Postby ballgame2000 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:46 pm

i think the achille's heel is exactly what you pointed out. your starters are a bit light, but your hitters should be able to carry some of the deficiency. i'd definitely try and shore up your pitching staff with a trade at some point.
ballgame2000
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby luso26 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:26 pm

Your hitting looks awesome for a 16 team league. Very well done. Don't bother trading for a C. You should be able to stream plenty during the course of the season anyways, even in a 16-team league. Maybe dangle a guy like Swisher and see what kind of SP you can get in return to help boost your rotation a bit. I am not a fan of Niese and Kennedy ball park always makes me wary of him. Greinke doesn't look in good shape to start the season neither. I like Melden [despite the spring training struggles] and Harvey. Bailey is a bit of a liability too though. At the end of the day, pitchers are much easier to find on the wire than hitters. So for that reason, you should have success. Good luck.
luso26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby BigDix33 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:53 pm

You drafted 14th and got both CarGo and Pujols? Wow. Good for you. You know where you have work to do. You offense looks really good for what I think a 16 team lineup should look like. I've never played in a league that big but I think you'll be just fine. Find some pitching and I like your chances.

Please check out my post if you don't mind. viewtopic.php?t=457275
BigDix33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team