H2H 10 team league, please rate my squad - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

H2H 10 team league, please rate my squad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

H2H 10 team league, please rate my squad

Postby JeffBlauser4 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:56 pm

I posted this earlier, but I may have posted in the wrong thread or topic. This is my first post on this site, I frequent the site, and decided today that I would try to get some feedback. I am in a 10 team H2H league, I had the 9th pick below is how my team faired. I lack an ace on the pitching staff, but I didnt take a pitcher until round 6 so I tihnk I faired fairly well... Any brutally honest feedback would be appreciated. I am happy to give my 2 cents on anyone elses squad as well. However take my advice with a grain of salt as I deem myself to be no fantasy expert.

Here is my squad.

C. Joe Mauer
1B. Prince Fielder
2B. Ben Zobrist
SS. Elvis Andrus
3B. Kyle Seager
2b/SS Jose Altuve
1b/3b Joey Votto
OF Adam Jones
OF Carlos Beltran
OF Josh Reddick
OF Alfonso Soriano
OF Brandon Moss
Be. Chase Utley
Be. Michael Young
Be. Michael Cuddyer

SP. Chris Sale
SP. Kris Medlen
SP. Ryan Vogelsong
SP. Matt Harvey
SP. Derek Holland
SP. Mike Minor
RP. Mariano Rivera
RP. JJ Putz
RP. John Axford
Be. Josh Beckett
JeffBlauser4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H 10 team league, please rate my squad

Postby JeffBlauser4 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Anyone? Are the crickets a sign that I drafted a terrible team? I think it looks solid, I would love some feedback, I am happy to bounce my opinion on anyone else squads too if they would like to reply...
JeffBlauser4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BigDix33 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Not my favorite team. Your OF looks a bit weak outside Jones and Beltran. I'm not a Reddick believer yet and soriono always scares me. I like the Fielder/Votto combo. I think Votto will come back and tear it up. Andrus is over rated IMO but if he gets back to stealing bases that will help. Ugly may provide some sleeper potential for you this year tho which would be nice. I like Chris Sale but I want to see him do it again before I'm all in on him. You have a few other solid starters but no one that looks brilliant. You should be good on saves if they stay healthy. I'd leave Beckett on your bench. The guy is going to continue to get hammered. His fast ball is slower and no movement. He's lost his touch. Hope I don't sound like a jerk but would appreciate feedback on my post. viewtopic.php?t=457275
BigDix33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby luso26 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm not really a fan myself. I like that one-two punch with Votto & Fielder. But the rest of the lineup is not my favourite. I hate paying top dollar for a catcher. It's not worth it. Zobrist & Andrus are two players that don't really excel at anything. Andrus will contribute to steals but that's about it. Zobrist while he won't hurt you, doesn't do anything to make me love to own him this season. I like him for the position versatility, but thats about it. Seager is your 3B? Ouch.

I'm not a believer in Reddick. And enjoy Beltran while he lasts, but his knees are made of glass. I can't rely on someone like that ever. The rest of the hitting is just meh.

Pitching looks alright. Harvey has the potential to be really good. Melden will regress, not as much as others seem to saying I don't think personally though. I've already expressed why I think Sale will regress [Never had a SP workload] - I could be dead wrong about Sale though, he's got some nasty stuff, I'm not betting on him though. I don't like too much about the pitching neither though. It's not my favourite staff. You're gonna need to do some work I think. Good luck
luso26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby JeffBlauser4 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys! Sounds like I have some work to do, I was pleased with my team after the draft (but who isnt), but you guys bring up some good points. Reddick is a crapshoot, but I got him late.

I got Mauer in round 6 which I felt was a reasonable spot to take him, especially considering the drop off in catcher had i not taken him there. I also feel like by having Votto, Fielder and Encarnacion, I have probably the best combination of 1st baseman of any team. This could payoff big in the future by way of a possible 2 for 1 trade to bolster the rotation and outfield. What I lose in the OF I felt I gained by taking Edwin as my utility guy. I am definately crossing my fingers that the late Utley grab will pay off and I can use zobrist in other places. I thought Zobrist was a 5th round steal, but I could be wrong. I had the 9th pick in a snake draft taking Fielder, Votto, Encarnacion, Adam Jones, Ben Zobrist and Joe Mauer with my first 6 picks, for the future who would u draft in those spots ahead of the guys I took?
JeffBlauser4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby luso26 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:25 pm

Round 6 is too high. Catchers don't play everyday. Which makes them less valuable. Additionally, they're always a major injury risk. The good with Mauer unlike others catchers, is he'll hit high in his lineup. However, the Twins lineup isn't exactly anything to get excited about. You have Edwin? You haven't listed him there in your initial post. If thats the case that makes your hitting look better. Jones isn't a bad player but a lot of people aren't too high on him including myself. Hopefully for your sake he pans out, but don't be surprised to see some regression. Baltimore had a crazy season last year and I doubt that repeats - giving Jones a hit on his stat line. I am not knocking on Zobrist, 5th round is pretty reasonable for him given how crap 2B is, but I would rather take a late round flier than be stuck with Zobrist & then use my 5th rounder on another player/better player. Your top picks were good, the rest I don't like too much. However, Edwin changes my stance a little. That's a good infield.
luso26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JeffBlauser4 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Yea I see that I Accidently left him off the initial post. If u were me would u try to ship him now to load up elsewhere or would u ride all 3 for the time being and see how it plays out?
JeffBlauser4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby luso26 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Those 3 are a nice core. I think you ride it out for the time being. Try targeting guys who are in line for big breakout years. Guys with a lot of upside. Someone like Jason Heyward. That Atlanta lineup is looking sick. Plus, he seems to finally have turned the corner and ready for a breakout. You will probably need to booster juice that OF. A guy that can bring you 20-20 with the potential for more, will help.
luso26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JeffBlauser4 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:19 pm

Yea man, I agree with you. I am a huge Braves fan. Problem is the league I am in is loaded with Braves fans, so people reached high for the entire outfield. All 3 off the board in the first 3 rounds. That is partially how I was able to snag Edwin. Justin Upton went in front of him and so did Heyward. What do you think about Torii Hunter in that Detroit lineup? SBs will probably be low, but I am thinking if he is hitting in the 2 hole behind Austin Jackson that we may see a lot of runs scored there.

I am a Nashville Native, enjoy our guy Mr. Dickey this year. Class act, hope he has a great year for you guys.
JeffBlauser4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby luso26 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:03 pm

Hunter in that 2 spot should be gold. I like him this season. ;-D

Looking forward to having Dickey aboard. :>
luso26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor