Thoughts on My Team.... WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Thoughts on My Team.... WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on My Team.... WHIR

Postby cforester » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:30 am

Monday night I had my online draft. 12 team head to head categories keeper league, each team gets to keep 10 players. I would like to get some advice before the season starts! Leave a link and I will promise to help in return.

Batting:
Batting Average (AVG), Home Runs (HR), Runs Scored (R), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Total Bases (TB), Hits (H), Walks (BB), Sacrifices (SAC)

Pitching:
Earned Run Average (ERA), Strikeouts (K), Walks plus Hits Per Innings Pitched (WHIP), Wins (W),Saves (SV) , Losses (L), Holds (HD), Innings Pitched (IP), Complete Games (CG)

My Team:

C: Mike Napoli, Brian McCann
1B: Kevin Youkilis, Yonder Alonso
2B: Dustin Pedroia, Jason Kipnis, Jurickson Profar
SS: Elvis Andrus, Josh Rutledge
3B: David Wright, Kevin Youkilis
LF: Carlos Gonzalez, Vernon Wells
CF: Alejandro De Aza, Dexter Fowler
RF: Giancarlo Stanton, Andre Ethier

SP: Josh Beckett, Tim Hudson, Tommy Hanson, Matt Garza, Cole Hamels, Josh Johnson, CC Sabathia
RP: Sergio Romo, Kenley Jansen

Thanks!
cforester
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thoughts on My Team.... WHIR

Postby DutchySox » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:15 pm

Got your message; happy to look at your team for you. Here we go.

First off, wow that's quite a few categories to battle for. Interesting stuff.

Off the bat, you have a phenomenal middle infield. Four plus players/prospects, and I like Rutledge a ton too. Excellent job there, as it is the most difficult position to fill with potential. Personally, I don't really like Youkilis and I would consider starting Alonso over him at first -- I don't know about Yonder, I just feel surprisingly intrigued by his potential this year. David Wright is going to give you what you need at third, and Youk is decent as a backup there (though nothing flashy). You could consider replacing Youk with a Mark Reynolds (if available)/Jeff Keppinger (I'm basing these alternatives on what is available in my 12-team keeper league). I think you'd get more out of these guys, if you're looking for 1B/3B eligible backup.

I like your outfield too, especially the way it's set up right now (assuming the first guys are your starters). Car-Go is going to be huge this year, Stanton is money in the bank, and even DeAza is an interesting guy to have around as a third outfielder (and even if he doesn't work out, you can always slide Fowler or Ethier in there, that's pretty solid depth in my opinion). I'm very low on Wells, and he would definitely be a guy I'd consider dropping or trading, but he's not hurting you on the bench. I'd much rather have a Colvin, Garret Jones, Saunders, Viciedo, Jay, or Ruggiano though.

For a 12-teamer, your pitching certainly seems good to me. A rotation with Hamels, Sabathia and Johnson as 1, 2 and 3 can deal with a couple lower-ranked guys on the back-end of your staff, and with Beckett and Hudson (who for some reason seems to fall in drafts every year) you seem to have a nice rounded-out rotation. I'm not in love with Beckett, but for a SP4, you could do worse. I'm very low on Hanson (I'd even consider dropping him and going for a higher upside guy like Tillman, Fiers, McDonald, Wei-Yin Chen, or Vargas, if they're still available). Garza is an enigma to me: he could be great, he could be terrible.

All in all, I would feel fairly comfortable with this team. Feel out the trade market if you want to, get some waiver wire additions and you should be good to go!

If you're feeling frisky now, and want to take on my teams, pick here! viewtopic.php?t=457121 or viewtopic.php?t=457114. Thanks!
DutchySox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby cforester » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 pm

Thanks for the advice! A few of the guys you mentioned on on our WW so I will have to look into them. I will also be checking your links out once I get home from work!

Thanks Again
cforester
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby cforester » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:33 am

*BUMP*

I hate doing this but really need some advice! I've been out of the baseball loop this off-season so I'm no too sure on where I stand.
cforester
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dillonlockwood » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Both of your catchers are health concerns and I would replace McCann with Avila if he is available. I would just drop Hanson.. maybe McGee can help you with HD. Great SP, IF, and versatile OF. If he brings his K-rate down, Adam Lind could be your starting 1B. I would drop Alonso if he's a FA. I'd take your team to the bank.

Here's my team:
viewtopic.php?t=457353
dillonlockwood
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby cforester » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks to some of the advice from the 2 replies in which I received, I have made a few changes my team now looks like this:

My Team:

C: Mike Napoli, Brian McCann
1B: Mark Teixeira, Adam Lind
2B: Dustin Pedroia, Jason Kipnis, Jurickson Profar
SS: Elvis Andrus, Josh Rutledge
3B: David Wright, Kevin Youkilis
LF: Carlos Gonzalez, Michael Saunders
CF: Alejandro De Aza, Dexter Fowler
RF: Giancarlo Stanton, Andre Ethier

***Outfield Must Play A Specific Position***

SP: Josh Beckett, Tim Hudson, Matt Garza, Cole Hamels, Josh Johnson, CC Sabathia, Chris Tillman
RP: Sergio Romo, Kenley Jansen

Alex Avila is available on the WW so should I definitely drop McCann and scoop Avila?

Thanks Again for all the help!
cforester
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team