Lets petition CBS to get this fixed... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Lets petition CBS to get this fixed...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lets petition CBS to get this fixed...

Postby miked322 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:02 am

Everyone: If you use CBS to host your league, you might have noticed a new homepage format with a letter asking for feedback. I believe this is our chance to force a change to the stupidest CBS policy of all: locking daily lineup changes 5 mins before the start of the first game each day. As I wrote to CBS below, the policy is completely unfair and gives certain owners of certain players a competitive advantage that shouldn't exist.

If you play with daily lineups on CBS, do us all a favor and send a complaint about this issue...maybe if we can cause enough ripples in the water the powers that be over there will actually wake up and realize they have created an unfair situation. The email is fantasyfeedback@cbsinteractive.com

Here's my letter:

[quote]Why does CBS still refuse to accommodate daily lineup changes up to the start of each major league game? Due to the current policy of locking lineups 5 mins before the first MLB game each day, it creates a situation where some owners of certain players gain an advantage. To explain- when the first game starts, often owners have no idea what the lineup will be of the game that begins at 10 p.m. that night, for example. That means that the owners with players in the early games, who have a chance to actually see the starting lineups prior to lineups locking, gain an advantage by actually knowing which of their players is starting and which are on the bench; meanwhile, the owner of players in the late games have no idea what players will be in the lineups, since those lineups are not posted. In particular, this gives owners of Chicago Cubs players a distinct advantage, because of the amount of day games the Cubs play -- often the only day game on the schedule -- while owners are left to play guesswork with the rest of the MLB lineups.

Locking daily lineup changes at the start of the first game every day is something that only CBS does, as opposed to competitors ESPN and Yahoo. This is not a functionality issue as much as it is an issue of FAIRNESS. Owners with daily lineup changes should have an equal opportunity to evaluate daily MLB lineup cards and make subsequent fantasy lineup decisions on CBS.

Im sure anyone who has a supervisory role over CBS fantasy baseball would agree this is a no-brainer. There is still a week before games begin, and it would probably only take a tenth of the amount of development work that went into the new, revamped homepages. Listen to your users....get it fixed, please.[/quote]
miked322
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lets petition CBS to get this fixed...

Postby murph3699 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:26 am

I agree, I would like it to be like football. However, this new homepage is absolutely horrible!
murph3699
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Curtis Pride » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:59 pm

The whole thing is a mess. God, I hate CBS so much. Every year their "improvements" end up doing nothing but removing value from previous years, and making their interface way more cluttered and confusing.

As a commissioner, I can no longer edit league news stories. And what makes matters worse, is that CBS's crappy interface has a problem with complex things like apostrophes and quotation marks so when someone posts an article that they wrote in word, the whole thing becomes a mess and unreadable.

You can also no longer embed youtube videos in news articles.

The "fantasy feed" is an absolute mess. Everything is thrown in a nonsequential mess across three columns. If they were trying to rip off facebook, they should realize that facebook has everything in one sequential column. CBS is across three columns, and it's EVERYTHING. I like being able to look in one place and see my player updates, the transactions, posts, etc, now it's just all over the place.

I seriously hate sportsline. Every year I say I'm going to leave but they are the only one that has a deep minor league system, which my league needs. Plus, I agree with the suckiness of their daily lineup lock.

Had they made this change 3-4 weeks ago, my league definitely would have left CBS. But we've already had our draft.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Whomper » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:42 am

This is the sole reason we left CBS for Yahoo this year. To call it a flaw is an understatement. Pure laziness and absolutely ridiculous to ask leagues to have to deal with sitting with guys in your active line up that you know are out when you have viable subs that you cant put in from your bench
Whomper
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Fassero99 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:41 pm

I have to agree. I actually advised them to ditch the 5-minute-before-all-games rule last season but it went in vain. I guess their energies went into the new League pages (which I think are awful and unreadable. My player news is just fine in the style of Rotoworld or Rotowire. I don't need large newspaper-style columns. And I'm still no fan of the layout of their summary standings page.

I'm kind of stuck with CBS because of their customized category feature, their flexibility with regards to roster distribution and, as a league, we love having the MLB games available by radio live. That being said, fixing the code to make the moves allowed at 5 minutes before the respective game is played should hardly be rocket science. I'll advise them again this year.
Fassero99
T-Ball Trainer

Postby bigmck » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Shouldn't everyone be complaining about this on the CBS Message Board. Just my opinion............
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby BabySitler » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:09 am

I couldn't agree more. For the price you pay, and the fact I prefer CBS in almost every other realm, how can Yahoo have this feature and not CBS?
"The Greeks didn't write obituaries, they only asked one question: Did he have passion?"

2014 50% off CBS http://cbssports.com/ref/49902950
BabySitler
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner