Researching college and prep players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

Researching college and prep players

Researching college and prep players

Postby Southside48er » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:35 am

Hey everyone,

A little about myself: I've been playing fantasy baseball since 2006 when I started one of my 20-team yearly redraft leagues that is still going on strong today as it enters its 8th season. I currently run 3 20-team leagues (one is a dynasty league) as well as assist as co-commish in 2 other dynasty leagues.

Anyway, the reason why I'm posting in the beginner forum, and why I'm kind of embarrassed to admit,... my knowledge of college and prep players suck.

The newest dynasty league that we just started up has a minor league system, and we're currently in the 4th round of a 25-round offline minor league draft that is probably expected to last until July. People in the draft are already drafting college players, and I'm seeing some of them in top 100 lists at various places on the internet, plus mlb.com's top 50 draft players list, but I noticed some guys are drafting college players that are not on these lists.

What web sites could I be missing? Google is not much help, either, since most of the stuff I'm finding ain't helpful.

My co-commish also refuses to divulge what website(s) he uses to research college and prep players because we're so competitive that any slight information we have is an advantage over others. Needless to say, he won't tell me, despite the fact that he and I differ on a lot of minor league prospects.

Any tips and advice on how to research college and prep players? Any websites you suggest? Are there any websites out there with compiled stats, etc? What do YOU use to reseatch college and high school players?

I'd GREATLY appreciate any and all information you guys are willing to share in terms of resources for researching college and prep players. Hell, I wouldn't mind knowing what websites you use to research minor league players as well, I want to be the best fantasy manager I can be.
Southside48er
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Researching college and prep players

Postby RugbyD » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Baseball America is probably you best central source for that. They talk to everybody and nobody but a professional scouting staff will have the same national reach in one spot.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Beginner's Forum